𝙳𝚊𝚢 𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎: ❝ ᴍᴏʀɴɪɴɢ ꜱɴᴜɢɢʟᴇꜱ ❞

prompt i chose: "let's just stay like this for a little longer..."
art credits here: kageyemas on twitter

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

Third Person

Warmth surrounded Atsumu as he was awoken by the calming sound of rain hitting the rooftop. His head rose and fell at a steady pace as a familiar scent made its way to the blond's nose. He slowly opened his eyes, blinking to adjust them to the movement. Everything was dark, but the room still held a comfortable and calming atmosphere. The only light that could be seen were the street lights, which looked like a galaxy of little stars on the with raindrops littered window. Atsumu's head was laying on the chest of his boyfriend which still calmly moved up and down, while his body was pressed against the one next to him. Sakusa's arm held Miya close to him, not seeming to let him go.

Atsumu yawned after he lifted his left hand from under the covers to run it through his mop like  hair. Seconds later a shiver ran down his spine. He didn't expect it to be this cold in here. Sure, it was still February and it's supposed to be cold but there's really no need for the temperatures to be this low. Hopefully Spring'll be around soon...

Well, it doesn't bother him too much, even tho he had no idea where the cold breeze came from since both the door and the window were closed. Maybe Sakusa's parents forgot to close the window in the hallway the night before and the cold air made its way through that gap between door and floor. But as long as he was under the covers everything should be fine. He was sure that Kiyomi's parents are gonna close the window when they get up.

Speaking of getting up, what time was it after all? He lifted his head to glance at the clock on the nightstand to read the red glowing numbers. 3:51 am. A short sigh escaped his lips. Almost four in the morning? No wonder his boyfriend was peacefully snoring next to him.

Atsumu looked up at Kiyomi. His eyes were closed as his lips were slightly opened. Black strands fell into his face, making him scrunch his nose at some time. Atsumu carefully brushed them out of the younger's face hoping that his sleep will get even more recovering. The calming patter of the rain hopefully added to it too. They had a rough week - practice has been exhausting and school wasn't sparing them either. Much work to do but now their beloved weekend finally rolled around.

Miya decided to stay over at Sakusa's for those days, wanting to spent some out-of-school time with his boyfriend. Friday afternoon, so yesterday, they already were outside, taking a walk through the nearby park. It's been pretty cold tho, so they stayed not too long. As the couple came home again, Kiyomi's mother already made them some tea to warm them up. She liked her son's boyfriend, always asking when he'll come over again. She was happy that her son has found someone.

In the evening Miya wanted to watch some series whose third season came out a few days ago. So they sat on Sakusa's bed cuddling under the covers, watching said thing. Somewhat around 11 pm they headed to bed, falling asleep soon after.

And now Atsumu laid in bed, woken up and tangled in the sheets while a certain someone held him close. He'd love to fall back asleep, but the thoughts roaming around in his head took all his attention. His gaze wandered to the window as he noticed the once tranquil rain got stronger, now lashing against the thick glass.

In two months and a few days, they would've been together for over a year. Even tho it felt like they just together yesterday. Atsumu had their first meeting clear in his mind. It was back in Hyogo as he and his brother still went to the Inarizaki High. They had a match against Itachiyama - sadly Sakusa's team had won.