Chapter - fifteen

Opening the Bottle

"So," Penelope started when I sat down next to her, barely looking up from her monitors. "What was that?"

"What was what?" I ask, playing with one of the toys that's on her desk.

"You and Reid sitting on the floor in here earlier?" she asked raising her eyebrows at me. I gave her a simple shrug and continued playing with the toy in my hands.

"Elora, you still like him don't you?"

I groaned and said, "Penelope it's complicated."

"How's it complicated? You like him and he obviously likes you! It sounds straight forward to me."

"That obvious, huh?" I ask quietly.

"Yes, we've all noticed it."

"Everyone?" I asked sitting up. "Everyone noticed?" she nodded.

I groaned, again. "So why didn't you say anything?"

"Cause Reid said he would talk to you, wait- did he?"

I got up and slowly walked around the room. "Yeah,"

"OMG! What did he say? Wait- what did you say?"

"I mean I ran out of the country the next day, so."

"Elora!" Penelope groaned. She, of all people, knows that I run away when things get too real.

"I know Pen, I know. I think I hurt him, but I never wanted to."

---------------------------------

"Thanks, Pen, see you tomorrow," I said, leaving Penelope's office. She gave me really good advice that I really needed to hear. I walked into the bullpen and went to my desk. I grabbed my bag and walked to the elevator, and there stood the person I wanted to talk to.

"Hey Spencer," I said as I walked up next to him, waiting for the elevator.

"Hey," he said and we boarded the elevator.

After a few seconds, I gathered the courage and spoke up. "Can we t-talk about last week?"

"No, it's fine Elora I got it. You don't feel the same way," he said bitterly and walked away when the doors opened.

"Wait, no spencer." I pleaded but he was already out of the building.

--------------------------

I entered my car, unhappy. I really wanted to settle things with Spencer but he doesn't want to talk to me. I mean I totally understand, I hurt him.

I drove home, my mind still stuck on Spencer.

Screw it

I turned the car around and drove straight to Spencer's place. When I got there I walked up the stairs as quickly as I could.

Bang bang bang  

I knocked on Spencer's door then took a step back.

I heard footsteps from the inside then a few seconds after the door opened.

"Elora, what are you doing here?" he asked with his eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

At that moment everything that I knew I wanted to say, left my mind. 

"I-i told you I wanted to talk, then you just ran away."

"Sounds familiar doesn't it?"

Ouch,

"Yeah, yeah it does, and I'm really sorry. I know I hurt you and you didn't deserve that. I have a tendency of running away when things start to change, but that doesn't excuse what I did. I'd totally understand if you just slam the door in my face, and never talk to me again, but I really wanted to tell you how sorry I am."

He nodded and started to close the door.

"Wait spencer," I started.

"Goodnight Elora," he said, continuing to close the door.

"Spencer i-" he stopped closing the door to hear what I was going to say next.

I cleared my voice. "I get really bad anxiety attacks. I've never told anyone because I don't want anyone to view me as vulnerable. And usually, I can calm myself down but today I couldn't until you told me to breathe. Um- they've gotten pretty bad over the past few years, but the one I had today was the worst. I felt like I couldn't get any air into my lungs, an-and it wasn't till I heard your voice telling me to breath, that I knew I was going to be okay." I tried to show little to no emotion but by the time I finished talking, a few tears had run down my face.

"Elora," Spencer signed and walked over and pulled me into a hug.

"I just thought you wanted an explanation, even though you already knew what was happening. You know being a genius and all," I said taking in his scent.

He chuckled lightly and we stayed like that in front of his apartment for a minute or so.

--------------------------

"Okay," I said pulling away. "You can go back to being mad at me now."

He looked at me and lightly shook his head. "I'm not mad at you,"

"I would be," I said and he slowly nodded and started to enter his apartment. I slowly made my way to the stairs.

Turn around.

I deeply signed and turned on my heel.

"I-" I started to say, catching Spencer's attention. I took a few steps closer before I said what I really came here to say.

"I... love you, Spencer." 

I saw the surprise in spencers face before a big goofy smile overtook it.

He walked over to me rather fast, to be honest, it kind of startled me. He then took my face in his hands and looked deep into my eyes before he gave me the gentlest and most loving kiss.

He pulled away and said something that truly melted my heart.

 "I love you too Elora, with all of my heart."

"You do?" I asked looking up at him.

"I do" he answered with a big smile, leaning down again.