v. COME

CHAPTER FIVE

COME

"𝐍𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐝 𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐞𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐤

"𝐍𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐝 𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐞𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐤."

FIVE AM.

A usual time for Billie O'Connell.

But typically, she wasn't pacing in a hotel hallway.

The girl stands dressed, her straight silver hair framed to her face. She walks back and forth outside the rows of hotel doors, hesitating each time she got to hers. She bites at her nails, nervous about asking.

She's hit with one single wave of confidence. One single wave that she knew wouldn't last more than a second. Urgently, she taps on the door. Regret flooding her the second that she did so. But she stands frozen at her doorway, waiting.

In a fog, Liz answers the door, being awoken in the bright morning of the day. "Billie?"

"You've never been to California."

"What?-"

"You've never been to California and you've always wanted to."

Liz hesitates, feeling her hands take hers between them. "Are you okay, Billie? Did something happen?"

"You've wanted to see California. You want to travel and have our lives. So come with me. With us."

"What, with you and your family?"

She nods, more sure than most things she crossed paths with. "I need some more stage crew."

"I don't know anything about music." She chuckles lightly, tired from the early morning.

"I'll teach you. Everything you need to know. Please, just say you'll come with me."

"Well, when you do leave?"

"Everyones already packed in the van."

"Billie, I don't know that i-"

"I don't want you back out there Liz. I don't want to know that you're alone. Look, I know that we don't know each other. But I know you're comfortable with us, I could feel it last night. And I want to get to know you. We all do. Let me take care of you. Please."