xxxv. NERVES

CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE

NERVES

"𝐀 𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐩 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐚 𝐜𝐚𝐫 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐠𝐚𝐬, 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐲 𝐢𝐧 𝐢𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐠𝐨 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞

"𝐀 𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐩 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐚 𝐜𝐚𝐫 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐠𝐚𝐬, 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐲 𝐢𝐧 𝐢𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐠𝐨 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞."

"BILLIE? ARE YOU ALRIGHT?"

"Uh, yeah. Yeah, I'm fine." The girl sighs, sitting on the top of a loose amp backstage; her head in her hands.

"Look, we can cancel the show. You don't go on for another hour, it's not too late." Zoe rests her hand on her friend's shoulder. Billie lets her keep it there, despite being upset with her.

"No no, I'm fine; really. Just give me a few minutes, okay?"

They all nod in understandment, giving her the space she needed to settle down.

Currently, Billie was preparing for her show in New York City; where she would make an appearance on any ordinary stage just like she did most nights.

However this time, for whatever the reason was, Billie was suffering from one of the biggest anxiety attacks of her life. 

The rest of the group circles by the back door just around the corner from Billie as they wait in hopes Elizabeth could help.

They were unaware of what was going on between the couple recently. That being said, they didn't care. For they knew that Elizabeth was the one thing to ever manage to calm her down. 

Eventually, Elizabeth pushes open the heavy doors from the cold air outside. A stack three amps high sits in her full arms; hardly able to see. She was beginning to set up for the show, this being the first trip out to the van of many.