vi. THE WAY TO DO IT

CHAPTER SIX

THE WAY TO DO IT

"𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐦𝐚𝐲 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐩𝐮𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐞 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐟𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐦𝐞 𝐞𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫

"𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐦𝐚𝐲 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐩𝐮𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐞 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐟𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐦𝐞 𝐞𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫."

"WILL YOU HEAD FRONT STAGE AND SHOW LIZ HOW TO CONTROL THE AMPS?"

"We're teaching her five minutes before we start?" Finneas eyes screw with confusion at his sister's lack of instruction.

She just shrugs, "All she has to do is turn a knob,"

Finneas sighs, nudging Liz with his look to follow him. She follows the boy through the black cotton curtain that separated them from the large crowd.

As they hit the other side, screams sound violently at the sight of Finneas. He waves shyly, ignoring them to the best of his extent.

The crowd took Liz off guard. She knew that Billie was a big deal, she just hadn't been on the other side of the crowds. Finneas pulls her down to the front of the stage.

The equipment looked foreign and complicated in the girl's eyes, although she wouldn't admit it.

They attempted to talk to each other through the large crowd just at their feet, the only thing separating them was a barrier and a picture fitting bodyguard.

"All you have to do is turn this knob down, slowly. And flip this switch at the end of each of our songs."

"Do I turn it back before you start the next one?"

"Yeah, you got it." he smiles warmly at the girl before standing up, beginning to walk back off without her.

She quickly stands up, following after him just behind the curtain, finally being able to speak without shouting. "They go crazy for you out there."

"You think that's crazy? Just wait when Billie walks on." He smiles while fixing his hair slightly. He bids the girl a goodbye as he leaves her to be on her own, going to the green room with the others.

She stands put, not wanting to interfere with the group much more. She loved being here, but oftentimes, she felt in the way. Even after the three of them convincing her over and over again that she was welcomed.