xli. I'M AFRAID SO

CHAPTER FORTY-ONE

I'M AFRAID SO

"𝐈𝐧 𝐚 𝐟𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭, 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲'𝐫𝐞 𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐥

𝐀𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫, 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐦𝐞𝐥𝐭."

THE CROWD TOOK ELIZABETH BY SURPRISE, THAT WAS FOR SURE.

Three years ago, she maxed out at six hundred seats. And yet there she stood, within a crowd of easily tens of thousands of them.

She felt almost proud as she looks around. Seeing what she had become, her heart stung in happiness.

Still, with her tickets, she had gotten a spot within the pit. Standing amongst a mixture of teenage girls and others her age looking for a good time.

Elizabeth supposed her nerves didn't go until she watches the red-headed boy, with a slinged guitar to his back, come out. Finneas looked much of the same, but with a cleaner cut than before. But still, the same smile flashes as he waves at the screaming crowd. 

Soon after, the rest come out. Elizabeth waits anxiously to see her face. Standing stone in the center of a jumping, yelling crowd.

She comes out last, walking to the middle of the stage like she always did.

Elizabeth couldn't explain it, couldn't explain the feeling. Her breath hitches in her throat. Taken back as she stares into her wandering ocean eyes.

All of a sudden, she was back to being eighteen years old. Standing in the crowd quietly in hopes that she meets her eyes. But much like the first concert of her's she attended, there wasn't a chance that she would see her in the chaos.

"Hello, New York! How are you guys doing tonight?"

She stood dumbfounded, not expecting how big of an effect her voice pushed on her. It was deeper but still held the nostalgia.