Chapter 1: The diffrence

That night all those years ago would live in my head forever the day mother brought home Korra.
——Flashback—-
I had been waiting for mother to come back home from work. Since mother never had a job before meeting father my dad allowed her to work for his businesses friends but I don't know what she does. All I knew was she would always come home late but usually home in time to give me a bedtime sorry but tonight she didn't.

I had even waited an extra hour for Mother but she never came. I walked into my parents room to find my father laying in bed "Dad moms not home yet" My dad looked at me in the eye then grumbled "she'll be here in the morning Asami, just go to sleep" he then turned around and fell back asleep. I sighed and turned around walking out there room before I heard the door open and shut.

I was now smiling mother was home. I quickly ran down the stairs as fast as I could. "Shhhh" I heard the whisper of my mother. Was she talking to someone?

But all meant nothing as soon as I saw my mother "Mother!" I shouted as I ran up towards her.

"Asami No!" I imminently stopped in my tracks, my mother didn't want a hug. What was I doing wrong?
"Sorry darling but I don't want to injure the baby" I looked up now that I probably looked I saw my mother had wrapped something kind of big in her arms with a blanket

"You want to see her?" I nodded. My mother went on her knees and unwrapped the baby. Well she wasn't a baby maybe about 5 a year younger than me.
"Asami this is Korra your new sister" Korra opened her eyes "she's from water" I said as I saw her beautiful blue eyes. "Yes she's a water-tribe" my mother nodded she let Korra sit on the floor. Korra looked up at me before looking back at my mother with tears in her eyes "it's okay she's very nice" Korra smiled "hewo."
I soon realised I was blushing "she's so cute" I quickly hugged her. "Alright Asami that's enough, you young lady need to go to bed" I began to grunt I didn't want to go to sleep especially not now that I have someone to play with.

Mother glared at me before picking me and Korra up. She began to walk towards my room which was all red and black. "Can Korra sleep with me" my mother shook her head "she will be staying with me and your father until I get her own bedroom"

My mother tucked me into bed but had some trouble leaving the room "Korra sweetie you can't stay here" but Korra didn't listen she soon began to cry which I saw instantly grew fear into my mothers eyes. Soon enough my father came in the room.

"Yasuko! I told you about that rat! Don't let it in my house!" Korra quickly ran towards me in fear I quickly moved up a bit allowing her enough space to get into my bed.

"Hitoshi I couldn't just leave her out like that, besides Asami likes her" My dad looked angry really angry.

My mother looked back at me and Korra then back at my father "can we talk about this in the room please not here" My dad grunted and walked out my room. My mother looked back at me and Korra "um...I'll see you too in the morning" I nodded and watched as she left leaving me and Korra.

I soon felt Korra tremble. "W-were you scared?" Korra began to cry quietly I hugged her as tightly as I could.

"We're sisters now." Korra soon stoped crying. "Sami...I'm hungwy" I smiled and got up. This definitely was my first time sneaking food out the kitchen whilst my parents were fighting but at least I had Korra.

"Let's go get some" She followed me out my room. I quickly turned around to her "shhh" she nodded as we walked pass my parents room.

"But she doesn't deserve to stay out in the streets like that!" I stopped in my tracks there bedroom door was slightly open just enough for me to peek in and look.