11

when i get to the school a few people stare at me. it's not because i'm looking amazing, like usual. it's because i'm late for the first time and i have no excuse for it.

i make it to the gym and only half the decorations are set up. i see Ms. Smith checking things off on her clipboard and i walk up to her.

"i am so sorry i'm late, my mom forgot to wake me up and my alarm never went off and-"

"no excuses this time. you were expected to be here and seven am. not only where you late for setup but you are also late for class"

"i know"

"well there's nothing you can do now. just try better. you've been slacking a bit lately and i don't want that to impact your future"

i nod my head.

"okay off you go to class and don't forget to be here right after school to finish helping the other kids. i swear without you here it was like trying to teach a group of penguins to fly" we laugh and she waves me off.

i make it to my class and just as i expected ms. amber stares me down and i have to explain to her why i was late. i may have bent the truth a bit though.

"i was finishing up helping ms. smith with the back to school dance and i'm so sorry for being late"

"grab a packet off my desk and take a seat laney" she says without looking at me. i feel extremely ignored right now and i have to say i'm not particularly fond of it. i walk up to her desk and grab a packet as she continues with her lesson.

i look around and lock eyes with jonas. i see that he left me the same seat as last time,  next to him in the back. the only other one seat is in the middle of a group of vampires.

i wasn't gonna sit next to jonas who was just going to try to finger fuck me (or worse) in the middle of class so i did the only logical thing.

i sat in the middle of all the vampires.

the humans and hell even the vampires watched me closely as i took my seat. they all thought i was out of my mind but i didn't care honestly as long as i wasn't around that vampire i was fine.

i paid attention to the lesson trying to catch up on what i had missed in the passed twenty minutes i wasn't here. she was filling us in on the so called 'need to know' for the quiz tomorrow.

"that ones wrong" i hear someone beside me say. i look over and it's some guy. clearly vampire and kind of weird looking. i'm not talking about his face. he's pretty cute but i'm talking about his style. it looks like he should have been a street dancer in the nineties or something. i read a lot about the "old days".

"what ?"

"that's wrong" he repeats himself again looking up at me. his eyes were red but it wasn't just a blood red. it was more of rusted ruby colored. they were gorgeous and i could literally get lost in them.

"what you marked. here" he says grabbing the packet off my desk and grabbing the pen from out of my hand. he looked down at the paper before checking answers quickly on each page.

after about a minute he slid the packet back to me along with the pen. i look down and check some of the answers and they seem about right.

"uh thank you..." i pause because i don't know his name

"Austin Fallon and no problem" he says holding out his hand for me to shake and i do.

"laney brock" i say as we release.

"well it's nice to meet you Miss Brock"

"oh no, it's all my pleasure Mr. Fallon" i smile and we both laugh.

"Quiet you two !" the teacher warns us and we go quiet for the rest of the class but not without letting out a small snicker here and there.

after class ended i couldn't wait. i just grabbed my packet and backpack and left.

"hey laney" someone behind me says and i turn around to see austin.

"yes austin ?"

"i was wondering if you would like to go to the dance with me tonight" he says looking down at the ground while running his fingers through his floppy, dirty blonde hair.

i don't say anything for a second and he continues before i can honestly.

"as friends of course, and i totally understand if you already have a date or just don't want to in general" he says dryly.

"i would love to go with you austin"

"really ?" he says back, finally making eye contact.

"of course. give me your phone" he digs in his pocket and unlocks his phone before he hands it to me.

i open the contacts app and press add contact.

"what exactly are you doing ?" he asks and i put one finger up, signaling one minute.

i tap my number into his phone and then click the camera icon.

i stand next to him and say smile. he smiles slightly and i do a kissey face while holding up a peace sign. i lock it as my contact photo and hand him back his phone.

"there's my number. call me" i say before walking away.

"i'll pick you up at nine !" i hear him shout behind me and i smile, while continuing to walk.

yup. i'm going to kill that one.

hey guysss !!

it's your author, Tbey ! i'm super excited for our new character Austin Fallon. A few pictures of him are at the top ! hope you enjoyed this chapter. love you guys !<3

-Tbey :)