Attention

I really didn't want the honeymoon to end. Bali was beautiful and its juicy sunsets even more. Watching him snooze, I decide to stretch my legs, I felt a bit brave and brazen in this unknown land. I decided to step out for breakfast and I knew I would be ordering his favourites. I jump out off the bed and reach for my hoodie and tracks. I don't even care to look at the mirror and I take my purse and phone and walk out. I hope to come back before he wakes up and God! He looks so cute when he is sleeping. I kiss on his temple and leave.

I walk out of the resort and check cafes near by. Few exciting options pop out on my phone, I head to the nearest one with a cosy atmosphere. I think I was probably early, maybe their first customer even. I look around and realise that I actually was the first one. The tables were still covered with inverted chairs and the waters jugs were being filled in the corner. I searched if someone was behind the counter when I saw a lady entering the cafe with two large trays of fresh bakes in her hands.
"I guess you would need some helping with those." I say and take the tray of sweet smelling croissants from her. The smell is warm and inviting.

After we keep down the trays, we get chatty and she asks me where I come from and what I like along with other generic things.
As I talk to her, I learn about her culture and the local food, there is a tiny discomfort I feel like I'm being watched. It is very tempting to look away for a while just to see if there was someone around but I didn't want to be rude to her as she kept me interested.

I ask her for coffee and as she turns I skim the place for people and I'm surprised to see there are still nobody in this place yet. I return to the conversation as she comes holding a cup of coffee with one of those gorgeous croissants I just helped save for her.

The smell of this place fills my senses, I'm happy I'm having a great conversation with an absolute stranger with being judged and without the fear of being recognised or getting into something unpleasant. I know I live in my very own bubble of hell cutting off everything but this is a breath of fresh air. I feel free like a bird who has just learnt to fly.

"You know, there is a temple a mile from here which is known to ward off evil and any evil eye, you can pray for your wish. It is said that if you light a Jasmine incense and offer flowers at twilight and put out your deepest wish, the travelling sun will carry on your message to the earth God and he will make it true for a heart which is pure." She says pointing to a map on which the temple had marked along with many other landmarks.

My heart swells at her kind gesture and I take off my pearl watch and hand it to her.
"Here have this, I have never given this to anyone. I would like you to have this as a token of my affection."

She refuses to take it " no I can't take this from you, it looks expensive."

"No trust me it is not but if you take it, I shall know you will think of me when you wear it and I know I have a friend overseas who showed me a temple that was magical and shared stories that I could never forget."

"Okay, if you insist." She holds out her hand.
I put it on her empty palm.

The thought of going to the temple with Josh for prayers sends goosebumps down my flesh. I want to do this, I don't know if Josh would believe this but I think he will be ready to do something that I ask of him dearly. I just know what I would pray for and I hope God gives me the person I would be holding hands with during my prayers.

It would be such an intimate thing to do, it would be something lovers would do. It would be special.

I thank her for the breakfast and leave a huge tip as I take my parcel for Josh. I'm sure he would love this over our hotel buffet and the stories that come with it.

She smiles back at me as I leave the cafe. I head towards the signal to cross towards my resort and suddenly I see a dog chasing down a kitten. I step forward and I think I just made a stupid move as I hear dome horns blare. I immediately feel someone grabbing me by the back of my elbow and pulling me back. It causes me to spill the hot coffee on me and the breakfast rolls and croissants flying in the air. I find a lump forming in my throat as my mouth dries. I catch a whiff of a perfume I know and it fills me with dread than anything else. I gather courage to turn around and I don't see anyone standing behind me. I look around desperately as my heart is pounding in my ribcage. The smell of the perfume filling me with dread. I shake at the thought of him...