Eau De Parfum

As the deep halo of the rising horizon ascends with a delicate honey like grace, my eyes search for Josh as they adjust to the changing lights.
"Josh... are you there?... , Where are you?"
I search for him around the cottage, I try to find my cellphone to call him which I do. I hear a faint ringing, I trace it to the cupboard. I open it to find his cellphone in a suit pocket, as I put my hand to pull it out, out falls a tiny box. My heart skips a beat. I open the box to find a ring and I'm already giddy with stars. I quickly keep the ring back in the box to shove it back in pocket. I also put back the mobile in its place. I couldn't think and I was shocked to know that Josh was really thinking about commitment. It made me both happy and scared, when I heard the card beep it almost scared the living daylights out off me. I quickly closed the cupboard and darted towards the door not knowing what to do.
"Where were you?" I asked without knowing what else to say.
"I'm sorry I should have left you a note or something and I didn't, I just went out for a stroll. I woke up a little early and could not sleep so I thought I would just get some fresh air instead of turning and tossing in the bed."
"Why couldn't you sleep, you were tired yesterday."
"Yeah I am tired and I could really use some massage."
"And I would love a foot rub... And a back rub."
"Why don't we book the day for relaxing in a spa?"
"Why not go for a couple massage?"
"Sure sounds great."
"Fine I will check with the reception on available slots or booking."
"Let's eat first, I'm starving."
"What have you ordered for breakfast?"
"Usual brunch,.."
"I shall go for a quick shower then."
"I won't get started with out you."

***
We sat with our legs in the fish spa unit, sipping cocktails.
"Isn't it too early for a wine?" I ask Josh who is rather enjoying being pampered.
"It's a breakfast wine and it is afternoon so ..."
"I'm not complaining but I might not stop at one and I would like to know how the rest of my evening would go."
"There will be wine everywhere, in here,  during the couples massage, the supper, camp fire and there is a saying that one should not count the number of glasses of wine one drinks."
"I shall try and stay awake till after dinner then."
"Enjoy yourself, I'm here if you need me. I can put you to bed anytime you want me to."
"I would like a slight buzz and not prefer to get sloshed by wine then."
"Anything you want to do to relax and release and recharge is fine."
"Okay boss."
"Clearly you are the boss lady."
"No I'm not."
"Yes you are."
"No, you are the boss."
"And who listens to the boss? I do.. so I am not the boss."
"Whatever, I think it is the wine talking."
"Sure, boss."
"Urrrrggghh."

***

"Ma'am and Sir why don't you both try the ochering , it is quite popular among the couples and at the end of it we wash it off with some water and followed by crystal water massage, then you can spend some time in the hot pool relaxing." A very eager staff tried to get us interested in this new spa treatment.
"But what is ochering and why do you recommend it?"
"Well it is a very natural process ma'am, have you seen the elephants, they put sand on themselves after a bath, why? It energises their swadishtana and mooladhara chakras ma'am, these are the energy centers that are energised during love making ma'am and hence it is very good for the lovers ma'am. You will find it quite relaxing and enjoyable ma'am. We use multhani sand along with sandalwood powder imported all the way from india. Both smell nice and the multhani tightens the skin ma'am. We cover you from head to toe and trust me everyone who has tried this has only good things to say ma'am."
"This sounds interesting, are we allowed to apply this to ourselves too?"
"Usually we do the ochering after an oil massage, sure you can do that but why not let us take care of you. We have sterile disposables at your disposal."
"Sure that sounds great." I smiled at her.
"Thank you ma'am, we shall prep up the spa suit for you and your husband, I mean partner. Pardon me for my mistake please."
" That's okay, don't worry I don't get mad very easily."
"Sorry again ma'am, I'm new here and I.."
"It's ok, it's totally fine, we will come to the spa in sometime."
"Sure ma'am, you are really very sweet."
"What is your name?"
"Ma'am please don't complain against me, please, please, I will lose my job."
"No, I will need your name to write a nice review about you and to leave you a fat tip later at the reception."
"Ma'am you are really sweet. My name is Sarah."
"See you soon, will be at the spa in no time."

We held hands as our backs were being rubbed, it felt childish but who cares!
It really felt so good, this was such a great idea. The warm oils getting rubbed made us feel so lazy and sleepy. I think I might have dosed off for just a bit.
The ochering felt very different from the regular spa treatments and I realised why this was so popular, it initially felt a bit strange but then I kinda knew why it was a normal thing with the elephants. I enjoyed watching Josh covered in mud, we sunbathed for a while before they washed it off using crystal charged water. The warm stones on my back were comforting as I sunbathed alongside Josh. I knew how the rest of my day would be.

The lunch was light with just some bread rolls and soup, followed by some ravioli. I didn't need any dessert and wanted to take a nap so badly.
"Do you want me to wake you before supper or let you sleep till next day?"
"Not sure about the supper but want to be there for the camp fire events."
"Sure go ahead and enjoy your siesta, will wake you up before the camp fire."

***

I excused myself to powder my nose, I was wondering if my maskara had smudged and run down to my cheeks, I had subconsciously rubbed an eye after a good yawn. Thankfully I carried the basics in my purse always. As I walked from the camp fire towards the powder room, it took a while for my eyes to get adjusted to the difference in light. The pathway was lit quite decently so it got easy after a while.
The powder room was quiet as hell and it kinda creeped me out. Anyway I turned towards the mirror to see the mess I had made, I thought I looked funny with a panda eye. It appeared as though someone had punched me in the eye, the bright red lipstick was cherry on the cake. I laughed at myself watching the mirror. Putting on some cleanser on a paper towel, I started dabbing and rubbing along the edges and over my eyes, the thick cleanser made my eyes cloudy. I realised that I had to do my makeup again as the foundation got patchy below the eyes, so I washed my face and dabbed it dry.
"You still look so fabulous without makeup." Said a voice I thought I had heard somewhere.
I turned around to see Sofia, age showed on her now, it almost took a couple of moments to recognise her since she had changed so much about her.
"Sofia, what are you doing here?"
"Why are you so surprised to see me in a Shibari safe house?"
"I hardly had heard about you after my mentoring session, I wasn't even sure if you were done with my session and you disappeared so suddenly. I.. what happened?"
"You know how things are in our world, only the lord knows what I did to get away from that hell hole."
"Wow, so you are out of it. It is not easy, it is infact nearly impossible to do so."
I realised I had spoken too much already, infact speaking to her itself was a great mistake. I had no answer if she asked me if I was out of it.
"I was already old and although I was not dealing with clients, I was teaching young girls Shibari, grooming them and still seeing my beloved girls going away to terrible terrible fates. It broke me and I really wanted out of that life but what can I say about those horrible men who ran these cartels, getting out was impossible. Yes you are right it is."
"Then how did you manage?" I asked still very curious about her, because I still cared for her. She was the only thing  close to having a mother in that hellish place. I had to know.
"I had to pay a very heavy price, something I would not be proud off. Don't ask me about it honey, I don't want you to see me in a different light."
"Okay Sofia, I shall not, I'm sorry, are you happy atleast."
I saw her expression change.
"I come with a lot of baggage dear, it is not easy and I need to keep hiding, running away from atleast some of it. It is hard and I'm not proud of it. I cannot survive on this alone, I have started my own business."
"Wow now that is something. Details please, if I may."
"Sure, I have started working with a perfumery, I customise perfumes for high-end clients, mostly people with money."
"That's nice, really good, where can I find some of your stuff."
"I have some samples with me, would you like to see?"
"I would love that ... please."
She pulled out a vial from a pocket, which was slightly odd, seeing she had a handbag but nevertheless I took the beautiful looking vial from her and she stepped back. I opened the top to take a long whiff from the stem and I just remembered feeling really odd and the room spinning around me, before I realised everything just turned hazy and I think it was very difficult to see anything around me, it got very cloudy and then completely dark.