Missing half

I impatiently looked at my watch, as more time had passed since Shana had been kidnapped. Looking at Sonia got my blood boiling, I wanted to rip her apart with my bare hands. Bitch was tough to break. I was running out of patience, I wanted her to Rat out her boss but she wouldn't budge. Sonia was up in a traction but she was tough as a nail. I needed to find ways to get things out of her mouth, the more time had passed more gruesome thoughts began to occupy my mind. She used a burner and I couldn't find much on her. I was worried for Shana with every passing minute, I don't know what kind of situation she was in, what was she undergoing. I wanted to know who did this, if this was from the previous cartel or one of Shana's previous clients. It could have been my old enemies as well, the list was huge. My men were doing background checks and running an investigation on whatever came into their hands. I was confident something would come up soon but there was nothing better than information coming from the person who facilitated this.
"Where is she?"
"I don't know, really, like I told you before, there is no use torturing me like this. I have nothing that would lead you to her." She said amidst struggle.
"Do you deny anything to do with her kidnapping?"
"You might as well kill me instead of torturing me like this."
"If you are no use to I will have to do that, and I shall, eventually but before that, I will have your loved ones brought here and tortured right in front of your eyes. I know your sister resides in Emerald Ile, I shall send someone to take care of her."
I would never touch an innocent person but I had to put out a threat that sounded plausible.
"No, no, you can't do that. It is not fair." And so it worked.
"Don't you talk about being fair, I take care of my people unlike your master, he got his work done and has exposed you. I can go to any lengths for the people I care."
"Please, kill me instead, spare my sister, I did all of this for her, for her better care. He offered money, I'm on the run and I'm always running away from the cartel and I needed money for my sister's illness. I'm helpless... Please."
"I will promise you a new life overseas, a new identity and the best treatment for your sister and double the money... Now talk or prepared to be..."
"His men, his men will find me..." She trembled.
"Is he from the cartel?"
"No he is one of their clients, the cartel will get to me sooner than him."
"That cartel is now history. Tell me about him, give me a name."
"What do you mean when you said that cartel is history?"
"The cartel is dead."
"The cartel is dead? All of them?"
"You are really slow aren't you?" She really irked me.
"I'm sorry but are you sure?"
"Did you see one of them?" I questioned sarcastically.
"No, I mean if I did, that would be the end of me."
"I had them shot down like dogs, because they would have been trouble for Shana. Now if you could only imagine what I could do to you and anyone associated with you."
"No.. no please it's Doug - Douglas Bourne. He was the man who threatened me, he knew that Shana would trust me, he means no harm to her. I think he is just obsessed with her. He wanted her for a while. He wanted to make it look like she had walked away from you. The text from her phone, I sent it."
"The second I saw that message, I knew it wasn't her words, I knew this was not normal."
I quickly signal my men to dig up everything possible on this - Doug and I reach for her throat.
"I'm sorry I sent it but how did you know that it was me, that I had something to do with her kidnapping. There was nobody around at that time."
"Why do you think that I would want to disclose any of this to you?"
"Okay, will you let me go then? Will you send me away to a safe place?"
"I'm a man of my words, I will send you once I have Shana safe with me. Till then you will have to remain here in this place as my prisoner."
"Please ask your men to put me down, please."
I signal them to take her down and I walk towards her to look her in the eyes which she was avoiding all this while.
"Pray that I find her. Pray that nothing as much as even a scratch on her has come then I don't have to tell you about the consequences that will follow."
"I understand and I'm sorry but please believe me, he wouldn't want to hurt her. He will not."
A part of me found some relief knowing she would be alive and that meant so much, so much for me right now. My mind raced back to the times spent with her, her happy face, her warmth, her touch, everything that had brought happiness and meaning to my life. Now everything was gone, everything was snatched away from me. I missed her so much. I would do anything for just a glimpse of her, for her smile, for her touch. I will do anything to bring her back into my life, she was my blood, my heart, my life. My mind raced through everything that I wanted to do to that bastard when I found him. He has no idea what is coming his way. There will be no mercy, no easy death for him. I would put him through hell for this, I will screw up his life and everything that his crucial to him.