1. Countdown

AMY POV

You were getting ready for the school day, wearing the casual jeans and tee, before heading downstairs. Your Mom was in the kitchen making some type of breakfast while your little brother was already waiting at the table, on his phone. You sat next to him, leaning over to see what he was playing.

"What Cha playin?"

"Castle Clashers" 

He was beating down some other castle in his game, being very focused on it.

"You winning?"

He nodded. You snicker and ruffle his hair feathers, to which he gives a disapproving groan as he brushes his claws back through to fix it. You always made fun of the pink and purple color of  them, calling them girly. He never seemed to mind that though, since your dads' was the same. Your mom and you never had any, since you were girls and girl raptors in your family never had feathers. 

You walk into the kitchen, your mom seemingly almost done with a pancake breakfast. She heard your claws tapping on the hard floor and flashed a toothy smile.

"Good morning sweetie! Breakfast is almost finished, so go ahead and get your stuff together!"

"Sure."

You went back upstairs and grabbed your backpack and phone. Sure enough, there was a plate of fluffy goodness waiting for you on the table. You and your mother talk as always over breakfast, while your little bro was occupied already.

"I saw the worst thing on the news this morning; There was a whole group of people arrested for Rape! In our town!"

You honestly had no interest in the news, but you had heard about that anyways on your phone via friend, so you felt more 'knowledged' this time around.

"Really? That doesn't usually happen, at least not here."

"That's what I thought, but at least no one was harmed and those furs were rightfully arrested. Makes me think if I need to carry pepper spray nowadays..."

After that, you inserted no further comments so you could continue eating. You finished your breakfast just in time to watch the bus pull across the bypass. You said good bye to your mom, who promptly kissed you and your younger sibling on your snouts, before getting on the bus for school.

~ ~ Time Skip ~~

There was no point in describing or even remembering your day up to your sixth hour. It was all amazingly boring and uneventful compared to the project you have to do. It actually sounded quite interesting, since you and your partner had already decided on the cryo-pod thing. You and your esteemed partner, Elise, sat next to each other and chatted while waiting for class to begin. 

She wouldn't stop ragging about how much her new boyfriend totally made a move on her last night. You were always supportive, so you told her that it was great and whatever. Eventually Mrs. Adderlike, your favorite teacher, came into class. She always spoke loud, like she had a megaphone for a voice box.

"Alright class! I believe you all know what today is! Our second trip to the museum to gather information about your selected exhibit. I also believe that most, if not all of you chose the Human Cryo-Genic Pod... Oh wait it was only Jayden and Marquis who chose the Protogen exhibit..."

The two boys in the back waved at the teacher, who was skimming over her worksheet.

"Yes, that is correct. almost everyone in the class chose the Human one... Not what i expected, for sure. A reminder; no pushing or shoving to gather your materials while overviewing the exhibit. Now, to the bus!"