3. Butterflies

~AMY POV~

It was early morning, but the sun still shone though your bedroom window, peeking through the trees that lined your small neighborhood. Your alarm hadnt even gone off yet; you still had a whole hour to get ready for the bus, then another 45 minutes until you get to school.

The last day of the school week is the best day of the week usually, but today is an entire different event.

It took no more than the few minutes you had sat up in bed to shift your gaze and anxiety to your closet, which you were sure you had just kidnapped someone.

A human, of all things.
The last one in the entire world was sleeping in your closet.

You quickly got up to check on the guy, and to your relief, was still just as out of it as he was yesterday. He was covered in a light fleece blanket You had to keep him warm. His bpm was still low, in Elise's terms, but higher than yesterday for sure. You hoped that there wasnt anything wrong with him.

With no delay, you shut the closet door back, then walked towards a sleeping Elise. Her back was uneven against the soft mattress, arms and legs all sorts of different directions. She tosses and turns in her sleep, but thankfully, dosent snore all that much. Her breathing was soft, her mouth open with her canine-like tongue just hanging out, drooling a bit on her pillow as she slept. Its a pretty common thing for a lot of furs, since most have naturally long tongues.

Anyways, it was time for her to get up. You lightly tugged on her shoulder, before practically knocking on it. You knew that this was the surefire way to get Elise to wake up every time; like a secret code, but you also knew to keep away once you did.

When she woke up, all of her previously uncoordinated limbs instantly stretched out. Many times in the past has this reflex of hers almost knocked,you out from standing too close to her. Then, she yawned, whined, and shook herself to reality.

"Hey Amy... Yawn. Good morning..."

"Good morning. Its not time to go or anything, so no rush. But we should get talking."

Elise sat up slowly, yawned again, and scratched her neck before she replied.

"Oh. Yeah we should probably figure out what to do about him... Is he still in there?"

"Yup. Checked as soon as I got up. He's still asleep, and I don't know when he'll get up."

Elise nodded

"Yeah that might be an issue... Or he wakes up while we are at school."

"Even if he wakes up while we are here, My mom would be suspicious... She's got a good nose for a raptor and she knows it."

Elise put a paw on one of her long ears, brushing it out with her small claws as she tilted her head to reach it better.

"What about your little bro? Isnt he here too?"

"Not this weekend"

You said, sitting now on your vanity chair, brushing your own scales out with a wire brush.

"He's going to be at a friends house, luckily. He would be in here in a heartbeat even if there wasn't anything in here."

Elise nodded, then stood on her legs and stretched her whole body, groaning before a small popping noise was heard. She sighed and pulled her hands through her messy hair, looking at you the whole time.

"So... Still dosent answer our predicament. What can we do?"

You had an idea, but guaranteeing that it would work was not possible. It would rely on Y/N not to screw it up, or wake up for that matter, and not be out and about when everyone gets home... But it could work.