🥺Don't take it back💖

Eddie's POV

I woke up in my bed after my nap... alone. Thinking about how I fell in love with my best friend. Of course I'm not going to tell Richie this because he would freak. Nonetheless I have to face him at the quarry because the losers wanna hangout and I unfortunately know Richie will be there.

*time skip to the losers hang out*

I walked through the sun covered woods and not to long until I see the losers all laughing and having fun.

"Hey Eds." Richie says with a smile and scoots over leaving me a spot to sit next to him.

I shyly move to sit next to Richie and even though I shouldn't have I couldn't stop the smile from creeping onto my face.

"Come heeeeeeerrre." Richie whined as he made grabby hands. I knew what this meant because I speak fluent trashmouth. He wanted me to sit in his lap. I decided to give into temptation and sit of his lap. We were all giggling and having a good time and out of the blue Rich wraps his arms around me and places his head on my shoulder.

"L-l-lets p-play true or d-dare." Bill stutters as it starts to get dark. Meanwhile I am still sitting on Richie lap.

"Okay." Bev pops in.

"I'll go first." Stanley calls.

"Beverly truth or dare?" And Bev immediately says "Dare."

"I dare you too... kiss Mike."

Beverly was not into Mike and neither was he so Bev just pecked him on the cheek.

"Okay Richie truth or dare?" Bev askes.

"Dare obviously!"

"I dare you to tell us your deepest secret."

"Mkay, ugh... I fucked Eddie's mom." Which of course turned into a thunder of yelling.

"Okay okay... Eddie truth or dare?"

"Truth."

I was on his lap sitting sideways and I could see his faced turn into a mischievous smile.

"You know what? I'm going to saved that till later." He states.

As it gets darker and darker the losers start heading home until it's just Richie and I.

"Hey Eds... I'm going to use that truth on you now. Mostly because the last time we played truth or dare you said you had a crush but you didn't say who because that would have to be another truth so... who's your crush?" He asked sitting crisscrossed on the dirt. The moon made his eyes glisten it felt weird that he didn't have big obnoxious glasses but the contact were also cool because I can really appreciate his facial features.

"Uh-um I-uh I cant tell you."

"Well you see that's the thing about truth or dare, you have to do or answer whatever is given to you. No take backs." Richie smiled.

"No take backs" it was a weakness of mine because whenever Richie or I were being serious we would say that even if it wasn't relevant to the conversation.

"Okay its... you." I muttered the "you" part quietly under my breath but I knew Richie understood.

"Wait- Really?" He asked confused.

I couldn't do it anymore I broke down into tears right there and ran. He didn't do anything and I'm glad he didn't because I knew he didn't feel the same.

After I thought I was far enough into the woods I sat down and cried with my legs tucked to my chest. All of the sudden like a weird ninja creature Richie sits next to me and he sighed.

He scooped me up from the ball I was in and then put me on his lap hugging me close and saying "shh" in his soothing tone.

"I-I-I take it back." I sob.

"Don't take it back." He says and leans in to kiss me. And that's when all of the signs that he had been throwing out for the last 3 years about him liking me suddenly hit me like a bus. I faded into the kiss and then I pulled apart to say "You like me too?"

"Of course my Eds."