Let the Torture Begin

Brae's POV

I am in a cell, cuffed in silver chains to the wall. The chains aren't long enough for me to sit and it really fucking sucks. I have been here for a long time, but I am not sure how long. There are no windows or clocks that I can see.

These vampires are getting annoyed with me. Every time they try something to torture me, I heal almost instantly. I am afraid of what they might try next, I know it's irrational. There are other ways to break me, I may not be able to die physically but mentally, I am already so broken. I am starting to lose hope.

I always have a guard on my cell, but they are always boring at fuck. They never talk. The guards have just changed and it is someone new I have never met before.

"Yo, what's your name?"

No answer.

"Hey! I'm talking to you!"

No answer.

"All you fucking bloodsuckers at the same. Why are you guys so boring," I whine.

He turns to glare at me, "Shut up."

"And he speaks," I say dramatically, "So, what's your name?"

He grunt and turns back causing me to huff.

"Zane."

"Nice to meet you Zane," I grin. "How long do they plan on keeping me here?"

"Until your dead," Zane shrugs.

"I'm going to be here forever than," I groan.

"What do you mean?" He asks confused.

I focus on his mind, it is hard to use my abilities in here, but I can do it. The odd thing is that I don't see any ill intent with this guy unlike the others.

"I can't die."

"How?"

"I technically killed myself twice and the Moon Goddess had enough of it. I feel the pain but no death comes my way," I sigh.

"I mean, that's a good thing right?"

"No. Why do you think I killed myself in the first place."

"Right."

The room falls back into silence and I try to mindlink Jack again.

Jack?

I feel my message rebound and hit myself in the head. It hurts like a bitch every time. There is some kind of barrier up around this house that is preventing me from sending out a mindlink.

"What coven is this?"

He hesitated before relying with, "Sundusk Coven."

Shit. These vampires have special abilities, even if I escaped this cell, I wouldn't get as far as up the stairs.

I hear Zane sigh and he turns around to face and and leans on the cell bars. He never meets my eyes though which I find odd. Maybe he thinks I have some sort of mind control ability.

He looks both ways to make sure no one is around and he sits on the ground still facing my direction. I have had enough of standing and I pull forward on the chains until they break. Zane looks slightly scared.

I sit in front of Zane on the other side of the bars, "So, why won't you look me in the eye Zane?"

"I don't like looking people in the eye, you never know what they will do. How did you get out of the chains? They are silver and you are a wolf."