Trying to sleep, yeah that's hard in a car where I almost freez. I don't hear anything except the strong wind that passes the car. I can hardly see anything when I have my eyes open. My head hurts. I feel with my hand on my hairline on the right side of my forehead. It hurts a bit there. Probably from the accident. But I barely remember hitting my head on the window. And the cold doesn't help either. I cross my arms to warm myself up. I have a blanket over me but that just doesn't help. I sit up and sigh. My breath flies away like a cloud. Then I feel the sting in my head again. As if a sharp knife is stuck in your head. And it doesn't stop.

Jade: 'aah'
Bradley: 'are you okay?' He whispered.

I hear a soft sweet voice say. I turn and see Bradley sitting up straight. In the dark I still see his silhouette through the moon that's shining i the car. The only light we have. I move myself so that I am sitting opposite him. I sigh and I see the cloud disappear again.

Jade whispers: 'I-uh... just can't sleep' I lied
Bradley whispers: 'me too'

I can feel his warm breath on my cold skin. Then I feel a stab in my forehead again. I try to ignore it but it hurts. I don't want to appear weak. But it doesn't stop. Why the fuck doesn't stop it. I put my hand on my head to hopefully reduce it, but that doesn't help.

Bradley whispers: 'What's wrong?'
Jade whispers: 'My head hurts. I think I hit my head on the widow when, you know.'
Bradley whispers: 'omg, I'm sorry I didn't mean to hurt you-'
Jade whispers: 'Bradley you didn't do anything. And maybe it's just bc of the cold'

I look at my hand that are in my lap.

Bradley whispers: 'let me feel' he said sweet

He looks to me for permission. I look at him and nod. Then I feel his fingertip on my forehead. Surprised it feels nice. I can feel his soft but cold finger move from side to side close to my hairline. Then he gets to the place where it hurts. I close my eyes and frown my eyebrow.

Bradley whispers: 'sorry'

I open my eyes. He pulls his finger away. I smile weak.

Jade whispers: 'no, It's fine'
Bradley whispers; "Maybe a bruise, but you never know."
Jade: 'I thought so'

I can see that Bradley is smiling which also makes me laugh a bit. Then Bradley takes off his hat and brushes his hair aside then hands it over to me. I take it.

Bradley whispers: 'put this on, that's good for your head. I hope you can sleep then. ' He smiles.
Jade whispers: 'what about you'
Bradley whispers: 'I don't need it'

I put on the hat carefully. It feels nice and warm.

Jade whispers: 'how do I look?'
Bradley whispers: 'I can barely see you'

We laugh.

Jade: 'thanks'
Bradley: 'you're welcome' he smiles.

Later we finely fell asleep.

{the next day}Caleb: 'stop snoring' Bradley: 'you stop moving'

{the next day}
Caleb: 'stop snoring'
Bradley: 'you stop moving'

I open my eyes. I can see Bradley with his eyes closed. Caleb is already awake and puts the blanket away.

Bradley with is eyes closed: 'what are you doing?'

No answer. I sit up and rub my eyes and stretch out in this small car.

Caleb: 'Brad' he punches Bradley's back with his fist.
Bradley turns around and gives him a push in his arm: 'would you quit it?'
Jade: 'Guys stop arguing'

Elliot is no longer in the car.

Bradley: 'what?'
Caleb: 'where's did he go, Jade'
Bradley stands up and moves forward: 'I'm so cold'
I take off my hat: 'put this on'

I throw it to Bradley and he puts it on. He thanks me and tries to start the car for warm air but it doesn't work.

Bradley: 'oh shit, come on, please'
Jade: 'Bradley stop, it doesn't work'
Cale: 'what's wrong?'
Bradley: It's not turning on.
Caleb: 'he is going to get help right?'
Jade: 'I- I don't know. Maybe '

Then someone bangs on the back door of the car. We are all shocked. The door opens and we see Elliot laughing.

Jade: 'you just scared the hell out of me'
Bradley: 'not funny'
Elliot: 'who'd you think I was'
Caleb: 'Bradley though you were Big Foot.'

I get out of the car followed by the rest.

Jade: 'where have you bin?'
Elliot: 'I went for a hike to scout things out.'
Bradley: 'Did you find help?'
Elliot: 'no, but a couple yeas ago, we were set up on the other side of this valley. And we went hunting one weekend and there's a cabin down there. So I think that's our best bet. So grab all the stuff-'
Bradley: 'how is that out best bet?'
Jade: 'yes, we've gotta go back to the highway and try find help from there'
Elliot: 'no, no. Hey grab the stuff out there. Now, we're to far from the road. We can't be out in the cold for that long, and this truck isn't gonna keep us warm'
Caleb: 'what about food? I'm starving.' He said while packing things.
Elliot: 'yeah, we'll find sometime there. Just grab what you can carry. Essentials only'
Bradley: 'yeah, but how are we gonna find this place?'
Elliot: 'Where's your sense of adventure'
Jade: 'adventure. That's what you called this?  We're her in the middle of nowhere and you are going to tell me that the best bet is to go to a cabin? Like w-why shouldn't we go find help?'
Elliot: 'let's just go'
Caleb; 'yeah'

They walk away. Bradley and I look to each other and sigh.

Bradley: 'this is bullshit'