A Good Man.

Joseph Ofutanga is a good man.

A loving father, caring husband, a philanthropist, and an outspoken senator. His various works towards his community have been applauded and everyone calls him The Man of the People.

Joseph likes to rest after a hard day at his suite in a local hotel.

'Darling, welcome' cooed a tinkling voice behind him while his wife asked him on the phone if he was coming home today.

Just as he dropped that call, another call came in asking for the balance for awarding that contract; the one that got him into office. Ofutanga told the person not to worry, he will get his due, made a few laughing remarks, and ended the call. Dropping his briefcase, he made another call saying "Shut that man up forever for his usefulness has passed."

"Darling, how was your day?" An 18-year-old ebony beauty asked as she put her hands around his neck, 2 years younger than his last born.

"Well my dear, it's just another day in my life" He replied wrapping his hands around her waist. " How about we get down to business?"

"What about what I asked?" She pouted her scarlet coated lips and flipped bewitching eyes.

"Here in my suitcase." He replied grinning, ready to work out on her. She offered him a drink and bid him relax on the bed while she got ready. Relax he did on the bed without a complaint, imagining how he would squeeze out maximum pleasure from her.

On the late-night news, two news items made headlines; the death of Chairman Aname, the DPP National Chairman at the arms of armed robbers, and the death of Senator Ofutanga in his hotel room who died of a heart attack.

The people mourn the loss of their benefactors. Their wives and children mourned the death of their breadwinner, father, and husband. The nation mourned the loss of two great statesmen.

On the Morning News, it was announced that Ofutanga fought vehemently against armed robberies and it was quite a shame he died on the eve of the passing of his bill on giving life imprisonment to armed robbers. The nation honoured both men and gave them a national burial.

Joseph Ofutanga was a good man.