Tragic Titanic

Banging the door closed, I dropped my bag on the bed and went to sit down by my computer. I had been writing a story for days but my writer's block has left me empty. I couldn't type anything down. I folded my legs in, wondering if I should just trash everything when a flash appeared from nowhere. I saw a black hole pulsing on my wall. Shocked, I pushed myself away from the chair, standing shaking like jelly.  

"What the heck?" I exclaimed.

Is this the end of the World? Sucking of the world into its depth or an invasion from who knows where? But wait it had to start in my room?

"Oh, come on!" I yelled.

Either way, it wasn't going to end well. As if to prove me right a figure stepped out of it.

Oh, it wasn't a green monster or even blue, he wasn't even a monster. He was beautiful, except for the fact that sorrow clung to him like a friend. He was attired like the ton, the men of the 19th century. I had always had a thing for the ton, yes they had their faults but their dressing was superb.

He was simply dressed though. He had a black overall coat on, black trousers, black shoes, a white inner shirt, no-frills, and a black hat. I am ashamed to say it but I couldn't move. I was stuck, caught, mesmerized. Was I dreaming? I do have an active imagination but this was taking it too far.       

To confirm I did what most will do, I pinched myself - hard, it was painful. I grimaced. I wasn't dreaming alright, so what the heck is happening?   

He removed his hat from his hat revealing blue-black hair. " Hello my lady, I am sorry for interpreting you, I need your help"

I stared at him, Me? Lady? Help? Heh?
"Excuse me but I am sure you are mistaken. I can be of no help to you".

"Aren't you the writer of Titanic- What Really Happened?" he asked.

My heartbeat increased its tempo. You've got to be kidding me? Just how? What? I had just thought up that name for my story just this morning.

"And who are you if I may ask?"

"A friend whose friend is in need, I need you to follow me back through that portal. A friend of mine needs your help urgently"

"Why would I follow you through that?" I pointed at the pulsing hole which seems to have a life of its own.

"Because you have a kind heart and because your spirit longs for adventure"

I narrowed my gaze at him, well he wasn't wrong about the adventure part.

"And who is this friend of yours?"

"Jack. "

I gasped. "Jack - of Titanic?"

"Yes". he answered sadly.

"I want you to make the world believe Jack died"

"You mean he didn't? " "He is alive?" I asked dumbfounded.

"Yes," he paused and sighed as if it was costing him something to say it. "Jack never died for love".