Lean Engine

Kim Mayo, the recently elected cheerleader of the football team with just six votes more than her opponent Clara, was hungry. 

However wanting to maintain her figure, she popped a carrot in her mouth and was about to leave home when her mom, who was in the study, called her back. Knowing her daughter, she ordered Kim to eat something substantial before leaving the house then she went back to her writings.

Grumbling; Kim opened a microwaveable meal and tossed it in the appliance, then she took the back door, started her car, and took off for school. Kim munched on a carrot while driving to school, visualizing her routine for the upcoming game against the Machoes.

 Her phone rang, it was her mom who wanted to know why her oats were still in the microwave cooking. She pretends to have forgotten it and asked for forgiveness. Her mom, use to her hanky panky, told her to come back and eat her oats. Kim replied there was no way she was turning back when something explodes in the background and the phone went off.

 Not even thinking twice about it, she continued onwards to school wanting to make a great first impression as a team head. Kim was getting out of the car at the Car Park when her phone began to ring. Ignoring it, she proceeded to the locker room dubbed the Cage, an exclusive locker room accessible only through a member card, without the card there was no entrance and no exit. 

She entered, dropped her bag then changed into her gym clothes. She then checked her phone; there were two messages, one from her mom to come back home, that was before she called, and the other one asked her to immediately come home as there had been an accident. She found that hard to believe, her mom was super cautious, it could be a trick to lure her home.

With her mom being a writer, she had very creative ways of getting Kim to eat or do house chores. Going down memory lane, Kim remembered one time she didn't want to eat Spinach, her mom told her it would help her grow tall and lean. She ate twice as much every day despite the awful taste. Anything to make her slim. There was also the shed weight with house chores when her mom told her she burns more calories when she does house chores. She was older and wiser now, she has discovered cheerleading and found the perfect figure too. She just has to keep it that way no matter how hungry she may get.