Chapter Four

Third Encounter-Stilettos

After going to the Coffee shop, I went home and called mom. "I miss you, baby." my mom said as she picked up the call.

"I miss you too, mom" I replied sweetly.

"Can I visit you there?" she asked.

"Mom, we talked about this right?.. Mom, I want to be alone and I hope you respect that. Don't worry mom, I'll tell you when you can visit me. Not just now, pleasem"

I heard her sighed. "I understand. I just really miss you, baby."

"I miss you so much, mom. I love you," I replied.

"I love you too. See you soon, baby," she replied in her very sweet voice.

"See you, mom," I said before the call ended. I smiled because honestly, I hate saying 'goodbye'. I feel that when someone said that word. She/he will not come back again, but on the other side, I feel sad, because mom misses me so much and I miss her so much too, but I want to be alone. I want to think, I want to forget everything that hurts. And I want to move on alone.

I'm still hurting and I admit that I still love Carlo. I can't help but cry.

When I stopped crying, I wiped my tears and take a bath. I bathed for about 30 minutes before I go out. I wore a simple sleeveless shirt and denim shorts. I feel empty here alone.

It's still early in the afternoon, so I decided to cook lunch for myself. I played a song to my music player. I used to play a song while cooking. It's more relaxing and exciting for me.

I cooked rice first and prepared the ingredients of chicken adobo. I heat the pan and put oil on it. Even though we are rich, my parents did not spoil me. Maybe in some things, but not in everything. They teach me how to be independent and I learned not to depend all things on them.

I put the cut onion, garlic, and ginger on the pan and stirred it all. After a while, I put the chicken and stirred them again. I covered the pan and waited for minutes and put the soy sauce, salt, and other ingredients. I waited again until it cooked.

I smiled and giggle when I perfectly cooked it. I feel like my mouth is watering to eat it now. I quickly get the plate, spoon, fork, glass, and cold water in the pitcher.

I put the chicken adobo in the bowl and put 1 cup of rice on my plate. I was about to eat when someone knocks on the door. I rolled my eyes instantly.

What the hell?! Who will knock on my door at this afternoon hour!? I don't even have a friend here. I just ignored it because maybe it was just a kid. I was about to eat again when someone knocks again.

"Knock knock knock" I put the spoon back on the table and hurriedly went to the door.

"Who the hell--" my words cut out seeing who was outside. His gray eyes make my heart beat so fast. I am stunned and I can smell his perfume from one and a half meters away from him. I don't understand why my heart beating so fast until now. I can see a little shock on his face too, but he quickly fades it to his usual blank face. He's wearing a simple white shirt, faded jeans, and rubber shoes.

I went back to reality and fake a cough. "What are you doing here?" I asked, trying to be calm at the same time curious about his existence here.

"I'm here to get the stilettos you borrow from my sister?" he said in a big voice that can shiver everyone because of fear, but not me. My forehead furrowed and my eyebrows rose at what he said.

"Sister? Who?" I asked and his forehead furrowed also. "Mister, I think you knock at the wrong door, so, if you'll excuse me, I will close this door because you're disturbing me." I shut the door and lean on it while my hands are on my chest. My heart never stops beating fast especially when he spoke. Why am I feeling like this? Am I falling in love?

'No. No. That can't be. I'm still in the process of moving on, so why will I fall in love with such a stranger.'

I went back to the dining table and ate my lunch. I feel like I have lost my appetite because of that thought.

I should call Jensann. Maybe, she can advise me. I took my phone on the table and call Jensann.

After two rings, she picked up my call.

"Why?" she asked.

"Jensann, I miss you," I said sweetly to her. She laughed at what I said.

"You can't fool me, Chelsy. What is it?" she asked.

"You know me too well." I laughed in a low voice. "Is it impossible to fall in love while I'm still in the process of moving on?" I asked directly.

"What?! Are you in love?!" she exaggeratingly asked in a high voice.

"Of course not!" I replied with the same intensity of the voice. "I was thinking of dating another guy to easily move on. What do you think?" I lied.

Knowing her well, I know she's shocked at what I said.

"Are you crazy?!!" as expected she will say that. "Don't you dare, Chelsy? Whoever will be that guy, you will just hurt him. You're going to make him a rebound. Don't be selfish, Chelsy." I laughed at what she said. She's too exaggerated now.

"Calm down, Jensann. As I was saying, I'm just planning, but since you're right, then I'm not going to do it." I heard her sigh in relief.

"That's all I want to say, Jensann. See you soon."

"Yeah, see you soon."

Hmmm. I'm interested in you Mr. Anderson.

What? Me? Interested in him? No way! Aish, what am I thinking?

I slap my face to get back in reality. 'You're here to study and move on, Chelsy. You're not supposed to think of another guy.'

Damn it!

To be continued...

A/N: Sorry for my trying hard English language. I am practicing and I don't know if I explain the right way of cooking chicken adobo. So, if you already read the previous chapter. The surname of the guy is Alejar, but I changed it to Anderson. Are we clear?

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE, SHARE AND FOLLOW THIS STORY! ^_^