Chapter Five

Dedicated to: FranciscusMary
Thanks for supporting my story.

***

Third Encounter-Parking space

This is it!

My first day in my new school. I'm inside my car at the parking lot, outside the university. I let out a deep sighed before going out.

I feel nervous while walking.

'BEEP BEEP BEEP'

A car with a loud horn makes me stop. I looked back and I saw a car on the back of my car. I furrowed in confusion and wait for the next thing that will happen.

"Oh, my G! That girl is crazy. I saw her parked her car there."

"Definitely, yes."

"She has the guts to parked in the parking area of our beloved Harris."

"She's in danger."

I heard the whispers of my fellow students that I didn't realize were around me. I didn't saw the person inside the car because it's tinted.

Slowly, the mirror went down and I saw a familiar face of the man just staring at the front of his car. The man slowly looked in my direction and time seemed to slow down. Suddenly the people disappeared and all I could see was his radiant face.

A moment passed and I could hear the screaming of girls. Some of them are complimenting the man and some are telling me to move out my car because they said it's his own parking space.

I simply rolled my eyes to them in irritation and eyed the guy. I stared at him and he did the same with his usual no emotion, then I hurriedly walked out on the scene.

I let out a sigh of relief when I'm far away from all of them. I don't know what to do earlier, so I just decided to walk out.

I am walking straight and I don't know where to go. Damn! I forgot that I need to go to the Dean's office because of the scene earlier.

I looked around but I am confused about where to go because this school is big as expected. I choose to go to my right side and asked a girl. She quickly told me the direction and I followed her instruction.

When I found the dean's room, I knocked. A lady in her 20's I guess opened the door. "Yes?" the lady asked.

"I am looking for the dean, I'm a transferee student." I answered.

She looked at the notebook she's holding that I didn't notice a while ago. I looked at her from head to toe and I must admit she's beautiful.

"You're Chelsy Rose Alcantara, a grade ten high school transferee. Am I right?" the lady asked again.

"Yes, Miss." and with that, she stared at me from head to toe,

"Let's go inside." then she smiled at me. Weird.

"Have a seat," I sit in front of her. "I'm Heidi Anderson. The dean has something important to do, so I'm in charge for today." she said. But wait, Anderson? I think I heard it before.

"I'm here for my class schedule." I said.

"Oh, right!" she get something on the table and handed it to me. "Here it is."

"Thank you. Can I excuse myself now." I politely asked.

She did stare me at my eyes and it makes me uncomfortable. 'I hope you're the one.' she uttered something that I can't understand.

"Can I go now?" I asked again.

She seems to be back in normal then she smiled. "Sure. May your first day be happy. Good luck!" she said in a weird tone.

"I hope so, thank you." I replied.

I'm at the second building of this school now on the second floor, walking to the hallway to find my room number and I found it, it's the second to the last room.

I look around to see the whole classroom I entered. Some of them glanced at me for a second and some didn't even bother to glance at me.

All of them are silent. I roam my eyes again and saw a girl without a seatmate in the middle of the last row, near the windows. I go there and it's as if she doesn't feel me beside her.

"Is this seat available?" I asked shyly, but the girl just takes a deep breath and nodded her hair repetitively without looking at me.

'Weird'

"Just sit." the guy in my back said, but I don't know if he's talking to me, because he has earphones on his ear and he's looking at his desk.

I don't know what to do and react, so I just sit and glance my eyes in every corner or side of this classroom.

I find people here in the classroom weird. They are all silent in their way. Some students are sleeping on the back because the lecturer is still not here, some are reading a book, some are in deep thoughts, and some are wearing earphones on their ear like the guy at my back. I don't see any students here talking to each other until now.

I can feel the sadness.
I can feel the loneliness.
Broken-hearted people are all here in this broken-hearted room.

To be continued...