Chapter 2 - Baby Steps and Evil God Part 2

Ehem.

Let's make it brief. After tasting the shameful play for days, I could finally conclude few things about the current state. Also, there were new things that happened since that event. I mean, there were many repetitions of events you can mention, such as the incidents related to the smell of ammonia or the foul odor coming from the latrine pit. There were also daily shameful moments of getting a breastfeed coming from the young mother.

You're jealous of it? 

I wouldn't if I were you. Maybe if you're an adult, both mind and body, you can feel the pleasure coming from the treatment. Still, for a baby, you couldn't feel anything pleasurable from it—the milk's taste aside, which is very palatable for babies' developing taste buds.

Well, that aside. Let's resume our conclusion of the information I had gathered so far.

My current identity was a baby around 5 to 6 months old. From the limited information which I had gathered within this cramped room, the family I was born in was maybe quite wealthy or famous. I mean, for several days, I had met three maids and a butler so far. 

The first one was the purple lady. Well, let's call her ice maid for now. Why Ice, you said? She was so cold. Both in expression and body heat, she was cold as ice. Also, she had a dangerous vibe around herself. I wouldn't be surprised if she said that she had killed someone before. Rather than a maid, she was like a professional assassin or an agent who tried to disguise herself as a maid. If she was the former, I hope that her target wasn't me. After all, I just got reincarnated. It wouldn't be funny if I were killed just before I could do anything here.

The second maid was a mysterious person too. I admit that compared to the Ice Maid, she had a better complexion. But, her skin was also pale like Ice maid. But, this girl was shorter than my mother or the Ice Maid. She wore a maid uniform that belonged to the Gothic Maid category, unlike the Ice maid. Also, her hair was silver-colored. Her eyes had a look of a curious look of a predator when she looked at me and had a tint of reddish color for some reason. Also, I wonder if it was just my imagination. Still, for some reason, I felt some chills when I saw the canine of hers, which looked a bit longer than the one that belonged to the human race.

The third person I met was the butler. Unlike the previous two, this butler was typical of an old man with neat grayish hair and a thick mustache. He often wears a formal tailcoat typical of a western butler. There was no distinct feature coming from this guy. He wasn't handsome as he was an old man. Also, his skin was not fair but rather. It was brownish, which belonged to the people of the tropical climates. But, knowing he was a butler, I hope that his name wasn't Sebastian.

Ah, I forgot to mention. It seems like that the world I was reincarnated in was not earth. Although I didn't know the degree of civilization, I was sure that this place belongs to the one you could call a fantasy world. Why do I think so? The answer lay on the third maid.

The third maid was completely different from the other people I had met. First, her hair didn't have the stereotypical color like the ones I saw in my previous life or on the people I have met so far. She had relatively bright red colored hair tied in twin pigtails. However, her red hair wasn't the main reason I was sure that this was a fantasy world. It was what existed along with the red hair which made me so. A pair of cat ears were twitching from time to time, along with her maid headband. And the way she was easy to read through her tail's movement made her easy to understand regardless of the language barrier between us.

She was quite a youthful girl around her teens' vibe. The french maid outfit, which suited her figure, was also soothing to see with her aloof and klutz tendency.  There were times when she tried to sneak inside my room quietly but ended up having her tail got caught by the door when she closed it down. It was kind of comical when she was trying to hold down her scream and tears when the door slammed shut on her tail with her ears stood straight. 

Now you mention it. This house had quite a unique way of choosing servants. They were a cold yet dexterous Victorian Maid, an alluring and carnivorous looking silver-haired gothic maid, and a clumsy cat-eared French Maid in this house, also an old classic butler. I wondered if it was pure chance, or perhaps it was a fetish of this family's head.

But, to be honest, my biological clock was a bit messed up thanks to my inability to see the sunlight. For some reason, my room had no windows at all. There's a vent way for the air circulation but no windows or glass roof where the sunlight could get in. I counted the days passed by considering the number of meals and naps I had all this time. 

But, I wonder if I could grow properly in this circumstance. There was an important role of a sunlight component for a baby's growth, as far as I knew. Furthermore, being kept inside like this made me wonder that my real identity was a hidden offspring of a big shot or something close to that. 

Well, no matter who I was, there wouldn't be any change in my daily routine as a baby. After all, there's nothing I could do besides crying, eating, and sleeping. 

Kacha!

The door was opened. My mother came in with her bright smile as she headed toward my baby crib while humming happily. She skillfully yet gently picked me up into her embrace. And after that, you can guess it yourself.