Chapter 6: Teammate Trouble

Chapter 6

Teammate Trouble

-Griffin-

"Are we there yet?"

"No."

"Are we there yet?"

"No."

"Are we the-"

"Liam, shut the hell up!" I shouted.

Liam had been doing this for ten minutes straight. It was annoying. He snickered. He opened his mouth to say something.

"If you say another word from now until we find somewhere to have lunch," Zoey shot Liam a death glare,"I will break every bone in your body with my bare hands, savoring every scream and broken bone. I will then slowly drown you. And when you think you can come up for air, you'll be plunged back down with a bag over your head and a rock beating down on your skull. Then, the Spearows can have your body. And I'll be laughing the entire time."

Liam looked like a pissed himself. He probably did. Even I got a little shiver from that threat. Glad we decided to let her come along. She could get Liam to shut up though.

"This looks like a nice spot." I pointed to a nice patch of grass from the side of the road.

"It'll do." Zoey said as she threw her bag to the ground.

"How do people like their sandwiches?" I asked as I got lunch supplies out.

"I'm very much capable of putting a sandwich together myself. Thank you." Zoey pointed out.

"Why do you do that?" I exclaimed.

"Do what?"

"You put on this tough girl act all the time thinking that you don't need anyone. Thinking your too good for people. I'm just asking because I want to be nice. The last few hours of walking has been silence, glares, and death threats. So could you please lighten up a little bit?"

"I didn't ask for you two idiots to come along with me!"

"We saved your life!"

"I would have been fine on my own!"

"Can I talk now?" Liam squeaked.

"No!" Zoey and I shouted simultaneously.

"I don't need you or anyone else. I've taken care of myself for a long time now. You two are just going to slow me down. Screw you, I'm leaving. It was terrible idea to even think to let you come along. Jolteon, lets go."

Jolteon barked a sad goodbye to Umbreon. Jolteon bounded to her master's feet. Zoey swung her bag over her shoulder and started down the road.

"Do we go after her?" Liam asked.

I rested my head in my hands. "I don't know, man. I don't know."

We put together some sandwiches and ate them in silence. It had only been a few hours and we had gained and lost a teammate. Not surprised though. Zoey Sparks doesn't come off as friendly. If I could describe her in one word it would be-

***********************************
-Zoey-

Stupid! That's what they are! Stupid and annoying! They think they just prod their way into my life and force me to became their friend? Well its not happening. I don't need them. I don't need anyone. Just me and my Pokemon. That's what matters. That's all that has ever mattered.

I stomped down the dirt road with Jolteon following at my heels. Shinx snored softly on my shoulder. Cuddling with my long hair.

Jolteon hopped in front of me.