Chapter 2: The Electrifying Battle

Chapter 2

The Electrifying Battle

-Griffin-

I gulped. Murmurs arose among my classmates. Words like 'dead meat' and 'his Pokemon and him may never walk again' were thrown around.

Zoey Sparks was the undefeated queen of the school. She was the daughter of an Elite Four member, Zane who trained Electric-Types just like her. I've heard she's never lost a single battle since the second grade.

She stepped out of the crowd of whispering students to face me. She scowled. Was she trying to intimidate me? Or was I not worthy of her time?

She had long, dark brown hair that went down to her waist. She wore a black jacket that was half way up from her hip. A yellow t-shirt was under the unzipped jacket. She had cut-off jean shorts that exposed most of her legs. A belt of Pokeballs were clipped onto her shorts. A Shinx was perched on her shoulder.

"Get in your battling positions!" Mr. Gates commanded.

I walked to the opposite side of the battlefield. The field was made of dirt and the outline was marked with chalk.

"This will be a three on three battle." Mr. Gates said.

Sweat ran down my cheek. Can I beat her? Is she really as good as they say? My hand grasped Nuz's Pokeball.

"Begin!" The teacher shouted.

"Your up, Shinx." Zoey said to her Pokemon.

Was she mocking me? Did she think I was weak? Shinx is her least strongest, it's still strong but not as strong as her Zebstrika.

"Go, Nuz!" I threw his ball into the air. It opened up with a brilliant light. Nuz appeared out of the brightness and was ready to fight.

"Nuz, start off with Feint Attack."

Nuz ran towards his opponent with his arms behind his back. He left behind a trail of dark purple. He struck the small Electric-Type. Shinx was pushed back and took some damage but nothing too bad.

"Quick Attack, then follow up with Thunder Fang."

Shinx's fangs became coated in electricity. It charged towards Nuz at an intense speed. Shinx was practically a blur.

"Dodge!" I yelled out.

Nuz was usually quick but Shinx was faster and it is very difficult to dodge a Quick Attack no matter what. Shinx tackled Nuz. They both skidded across the battle field. Shinx was still on too of Nuz. He sank his fangs into Nuz's arm and let lose all the voltage he had.

"Nuz, shake him off then use Leaf Blade."

My Pokemon obeyed and threw Shinx off of him. A green light shaped in the form of a sword appeared in Nuz's hand. He slashed at the electric powered cub. Shinx rolled across the ground.

"Razor Leaf!"

Bits of green flew at the Shinx cutting him up. The storm of sharp leaves stopped and Shinx stood back up. The marks from the attack was visible on Shinx's fur.

"Thunder."

What the hell?!? This thing knows Thunder?!?

A huge bolt of lighting struck my Nuzleaf. Nuz's cried out in pain as the electricity raced through his body. Nuz's skin was now blackened and he looked weak.

"Finish up with Thunder Fang." Zoey commanded, sure of her victory.

Shinx bounded towards Nuz with his fangs crackling with electricity. He leapt in the air. He was about to pounce on Nuz.