Chapter 14: Pursuit

Chapter 14

Pursuit

-Griffin-

Sweat dripped down my face. My heart pounded in my chest. A cloaked figure was a couple of yards away from me. My friends were close behind me. We had chased the thief into a thick forest.

I leapt over a fallen tree and kept running. Liam caught up to me.

"This guy doesn't give up." He growled.

"Stop!" Zoey shouted to the cloaked man.

He glanced at us and picked up his pace. Liam threw a Pokeball in the air. His Cubone landed on his shoulder as he caught the Pokeball.

"Cubone, Bonemerang!"

Cubone chucked his bone at the man we were pursuing. The bone spun and nailed the cloaked man in the back of his head. He fell to the ground as Cubone's bone flew back to him.

We caught up to the man. He bolted up and backed up against a tree. The only features I could make out from under the hood was his black hair and his deep brown eyes. A small beard was also forming on his chin.

"We have you cornered. Give us the Mega Ring!" I said.

The man smirked. A piercing cry rang out. A metal armored bird landed in front of us.

"Skarmory, Wing Attack!" The man shouted.

Skarmory spread its wings and flew speedily towards us. We jumped out of the way to avoid the attack. I got up and realized the man now had a Bisharp with him as well.

My friends and I exchanged looks. We would have to battle him. I threw Umbreon's Pokeball. The Eeveelution stood proudly in the moonlight. Zoey threw out her evolved form of Eevee, Jolteon. Cubone jumped off of Liam's shoulder and got ready to fight.

"Jolteon, use Charge Beam on Skarmory!" Zoey ordered.

Jolteon's fur crackled with sparks. A beam of electricity shocked Skarmory. The Armored Bird grunted in pain but shook it off.

"Bisharp, Metal Claw on the runty Cubone! Skarmory, Air Cutter!"

Skarmory pounded its metallic wings and sharp discs of air flew at our Pokemon. Umbreon was grazed by a few of them while Jolteon took some head on. Cubone, on the other hand, was unaffected because he was a Ground-Type.

Bisharp lunged at Cubone and slashed him with one of his blades. Bisharp was about to hit him again but Cubone blocked the attack with his bone.

"Bone Rush!" Liam called to his Pokemon.

Cubone clubbed his opponent with his bone. Bisharp stumbled back.

"Umbreon, Shadow Ball on Bisharp!"

A shadowy sphere formed on Umbreon's lips. Umbreon fired the attack at Bisharp. Skarmory flew in front of the attack and hit it back at Umbreon with its metallic wing.

"Umbreon, dodge!"

Umbreon rolled out of the way of the attack.

"Umbreon, Dark Pulse!"

A wave of black energy jetted towards our opponents. Both Pokemon were hit by the attack.

"Jolteon, Shock Wave on Skarmory!" Zoey yelled.

"Bisharp, Metal Sound!"

Bisharp scraped its metal hands together. A horrible screeching sound rang in the air. I covered my ears. The sound was unbearable. The Metal Sound attack interfered with Jolteon getting ready for a Shock Wave.