five

Heavy.

     That is how he was feeling. Bokuto knew that going to see Akaashi wasn't going to be easy. His lungs were stinging from the cold, crisp January air. His pale skin had a faint pink hue tinting his cheeks, the tips of his ears, and nose. There was a shaking sensation building up in his body.

Heavy.

     His footsteps were more of shuffles. Walking as if he had drying cement on his shoes. Kuroo and Bokuto crept across the narrow and mossy paths.

Heavy.

"Bokuto-San, smile."

"But Agaashiiii I don't feel like it."

"Even if you're upset smiling will make you feel better, and it looks cute on you."

Bokuto lit up. Beaming from ear to ear with a large grin.

"I love you Bokuto-San,"

"I love you too Kaashi~"

     A soft smile found home on his face. Kuroo hadn't noticed. They had both been keeping their heads down. For the first time that day, Bokuto felt calm. Not upset, or heavy. The thought of Akaashi calmed him. The boys' steps slowed. They turned to face the headstone of their lost friend.

"Bokuto, you alright?"

     He nodded. The two knelt in front of the grave. Bokuto muttered something between short breaths.

"...Kaashi, ... I-... I miss...you.."

     Kuroo felt the pain in his voice jolt up his spine. He looked towards his friend, now struggling for air as a river of tears streamed down his face. Kuroo placed his hand gently against Bokuto's back.

"Deep breath okay?"

     His chest fell, deeper. His breath seemed uncontrollable.

"Keiji,"

     A sensation buzzed quickly through Bokuto's body as if someone had placed their hands against his flushed cheeks. Everything felt like pinpricks against his shuttering body.

"I need... you... b-back... Keiji..."

     His sobs soften as he leaned into Kuroo's chest. Kuroo was crying, not nearly as much as Bokuto was. His face was stoic, he didn't acknowledge the tears falling from his eyes. They remained there for a while until Bokuto's body became too exhausted to continue. They both stood silently in front of the "home" of their friend. Between muttered words, Bokuto managed to form a sentence.

"G-good night, baby, I l-love y...y....yo...u,"

"I think we should go, Bokuto."

     Bokuto nodded. He was too exhausted to speak anymore. His body near collapsing. They turned in silence walking away.

     On their walk back, neither spoke a word.

      When the two eventually arrived at home, Bokuto collapsed onto the couch. His face seemed sunken in. His eyes seemed gray.

Dead.

"He's gone, Kuroo."

"I know Bokuto."