two

On the top rightmost corner of his dresser, Bokuto kept a box that held some things he was given by Akaashi. There wasn't much there, though the box seemed quite full. On the bottom of the box lay several books. Each book had certain pages flagged, on these pages, there were small, pressed flowers and notes. Anytime Akaashi had read something that reminded him of Bokuto, he marked the page.

"Kaashi, what are you doing?"

"Pressing flowers? Have you never done this before?"

      Bokuto shook his head.

"Why would you crush something so pretty? That doesn't seem right."

     Akaashi laughed.

"I wouldn't say crushing them. I want to preserve them because they are special to me."

     Bokuto responded to that by picking up two small books from the desk and putting his face between them. Both of them smiled at each other, seeming to have a silent conversation. Bokuto's smile said 'I'm special to you too right!' and Akaashi's replied with 'Yes.'.

     Above the books were some photos of them. One that Bokuto liked the most was a picture he had taken himself. Akaashi was sitting in the park they would visit so often reading a book about different flowers. For a moment there was a smile on his face, and just in time Bokuto managed to snap a picture of it.

"You know you're going to delete that right?"

"Delete what Kaashiii"

"The picture I watched you take of me."

"Oh pft I didn't take a picture"

     Bokuto's face was beaming red. He knew that Akaashi would never let anyone see that picture, but he didn't care. All he cared about was seeing Akaashi smile and now he had a way to see it forever.

     The final two items in the box, that took up the most space, were his and Akaashi's uniform jackets. Bokuto kept his on top as if it were to protect the contents of the box below. He wasn't given Akaashi's jacket until he had gone back to see the team. The team had held on to it after they heard what happened. Next to the box sat a few envelopes. A few of them written with no address and one addressed to Bokuto from Akaashi. This letter sat on top of the pile unopened.

"Someday, Kaashi. Someday I'll read whatever this says."

"I have something for you by the way."

     Akaashi and Bokuto were leaving the gym after practice one night. Hand in hand they walked down the dimly lit streets.

"For me?"

     Bokuto joked being dramatic. Akaashi let go of his hand and reached into his bag pulling out a small white envelope. He held it out for Bokuto to grab.

"It's nothing special, just figured I should give this to you before you go."

"I'm not leaving for a while Kaashi-"

"I know that."

     Bokuto took the envelope and slid it into his bag. He took Akaashi's hand again, rubbing the back of it with his thumb.

     Since he'd gotten home from being with Kuroo and Kenma, Bokuto was flopped on his stomach on his bed. After he'd graduated, he thought that living on his own for a while would be a good change. He wasn't completely on his own, he did ask Kuroo to be roommates with him since he didn't like being completely alone. Kuroo spent a lot of time with Kenma, though, which of course Bokuto was welcomed to be with them. He just felt uncomfortable third-wheeling them and it was different without Akaashi there. He scrolled through the apps on his phone for a while trying to figure out what to do. His phone buzzed, it was Kuroo.