Prologue

His Face was immersed in light as he watched the flames rising to the sky. The heat was burning his skin but he didn't care. Never would he leave him. He promised to protect him.

His cheeks were wet from crying. The soldiers standing around him couldn't believe seeing their leader cry over a fallen comrade. Never did they think they would ever see the great Achilles so broken. Achilles was the best warrior Greece had ever seen. He could kill a whole army all by himself and coming out with only a few scratches. Nobody had ever dared to argue with him, scared to lose their head. But now the man, who once was the personification of strength, was shaking as he watched the body of the young man slowly turning to ash.

How he had feared that moment. All his life Achilles never thought he could be afraid of losing a soldier in a fight. Dying was part of the job. If a soldier died, he died for a reason. He died protecting the pride of Greece. The dead were honored and would find their way to Elysium. There was no reason to be scared. But he didn't deserve to die. He died because Hector thought he was Achilles. He was innocent. He was still a child. He got cruelly murdered by a man twice as tall, with year long experience. He didn't have a chance. The prince of Troja had slid his throat open. He had let him die in agony. The innocent child who so desperately wanted to fight for Greece.
Achilles had just lost the most important person in his life to a stupid Trojan who couldn't tell them apart. Rage filled his body. He would kill Hector. He would kill him slowly and painful. He didn't deserve mercy.
He had taken the life of the only person Achilles had ever loved. Of the man, whose eyes had sparkled in excitement when he trained with him. The man, who gave Achilles hope even as it seemed that the world would cave in. The man, who was way more than his best friend.

Oh how he had loved him. The dark hair falling in his eyes as he bends over. The face, scratched and bruised but beautiful. The smile he had given him whenever they met. Achilles would never see it again. He would never feel the soft brush of his lips on his body. He would never feel loved again. Oh he would take revenge. He would show Troja what happens to those who hurt him. He would kill Hector for taking him away. Rage made his body shake. Tears started running down his face again. He didn't care about the men around him. He didn't care if they thought he was weak. On that pile of wood was lying the love of his life. He was dead. Patroclus was dead.