Chapter One - New School

Everybody knows what its like to have an annoying brother right? Well mine is worse. How do i know that? Well right now i happen to be trying to get the flour out of my hair that suddenly sprayed out of my hair dryer.

My name is Sydney Parker and i'm one of those girls that tries to stay below the radar. Sure I was a cheerleader and i was super popular at one point but of course, Zac made sure that it didn't last long.

"ZACHARY LAWRENCE PARKER" I scream. "YOU ARE SO DEAD"

Yep, i kept myself under control, well at least better than last time.

Zac is 17 hes 10 months older than me and he's Extremely popular. You would think after all this time that he would just grow up. But no, his popularity comes from all the pranks he pulls on little ole me.

I step out of the second shower i've had this morning and head into my bedroom. I pull on a cute purple shirt with a sweetheart neck and short sleeves, matching it with a pair of black skinny jeans and my red converse.

I grab out some sanitary pads and head across the hall to Zac's room. I quietly open the door and to my pleasure Zac isnt in there. I'm pretty sure that Hannah- Zac's new girlfriend is coming home tonight so what a lovely surprise when they walk into his room after i've done a little redecorating.

I think im doing him a favour, Hannah isn't a nice girl anyway.

I open the sanitary pads and stick them all over Zac's gray walls. I replace all the books in his shelf for Romance novels and Chick flicks. And i throw a dirty bra on the ground. That is not going to make a great impression on Hannah.

'Paybacks a Bitch Zac' i write on a note and tape it to his bathroom mirror. Just wait till he see's this.

I quickly rush back to my room and grab my school bag and slowly make my way down stairs. "Morning darling" My mum calls out as i walk into the kitchen. She serves me a plate of blue-berry pancakes and then rushes back into the kitchen to grab the maple syrup.

"Yum" i say eyeing up the pancake. Mum only makes Pancakes on special occasions so this is a real treat. "So whats the occasion?" I ask mum whilst quirking an eyebrow.

"We have finally found a school that would work well for you and you are going to start going to the all girls on the other side of town because we know that you don't like being around Zac. Zac will be going to an all boys school down the road." Mum says enthusiastically.

"OMG, mum you are the best." i squeal. No more school with Zac.

"But the condition is you have to be nicer to your brother and he will have to be nicer to you." Mum says very seriously. She hands me all the information i need and busies herself doing the dishes.

"Good luck with that" i say sarcastically. I head out of the room and out to my car. Shes an old car and she doesn't always start up, but shes my baby.

I hop in my car and head over to my new school.

I follow the directions exactly, but when i pull into the street the first thing i see is a run down school. Sure its all girls, but this is not what i was expecting.

I head through the main double doors and into the main building. I take a minute to look around me. It looks like a typical school, the carpet is stained and the walls are faded, but it will have to do. I walk up to the main reception desk.

"Um, im Sydney Parker, Im new here." i say sheepishly.

She types something out on her computer and prints something of. She hands me a piece of paper with my schedule on it.

"Ruby will be here soon to show you around the school." she says in a bored tone.

I turn around to go explore but instead bump straight into someone. I fall to the ground and look up to find a girl wearing a black crops top, tiny jean shorts that barely cover her but, an inch thick of makeup and 3 inch heels.

"Watch it" she snaps at me. I think i just bumped into the school's queen bee, Great (note the sarcasm).

"Sorry" I mumble and get to my feet.

She stalks of with her barbie impersonators trailing behind her. I watch her strut away. Who does she think she is? this is a school not a catwalk.

I sigh and turn around and bump into yet another girl. Instead of bleach blonde hair and 3 inch heels she has red hair and a face full of freckles.

"Im so sorry" we say in unison. She pulls me up of the ground and gives me an approving look.

"I'm Ruby" the red head says.

"Sydney" I say offering my hand for her to shake, instead she gives me a hug.

"Come on, we have English first." she says dragging me behind her. Fun i thinks to myself. (note the sarcasm)

-----------------------------------

School was really cool today. I have most of my classes with Ruby which is great because we are becoming much better friends. I had one class with the Barbie Impersonator who goes by the name of Cassy. I was right about her being the most popular girl in the school, she goes out with Blake Anderson- the quarterback at Zac's new school.

As I reach the door, a very angry Hannah storms out of the house. She shoves me out of the way and then storms of down the sidewalk.

When i walk in the door i am greeted by a very angry Zac.

"Why hello Zac, Lovely weather we're having." I say because i know it will annoy him more.

"You wouldn't happen to know who redecorated my room this morning would you?" he said fuming with anger.

"I don't recall seeing anyone in your room this morning" i say innocently.

"So your pads, books and bra just magically made their way into my room?" he asked glaring at me.

"Wait, you stole my things? you just said it yourself they were in your room." I said in mock shock.

"I will get you back for this." Zac says grinning evilly.

I back away slowly and head up to my room. Great, now my brother is mad. I know his evil face, it means hes got something up his sleeve. Whatever it is it can't be good.

--------------------------------

That night i stay up late puzzling over what Zac might do. I hope its not public humiliation again. At one am i decided i should get ready for bed. I go to do my teeth. I start brushing. Ha, the toothpaste tastes weird tonight. Maybe i just ate something weird i think brushing of the thought.

I feel really tired all of a sudden. I can't be bothered getting changed so i go to bed in my Bra and booty shorts. I fall asleep almost instantly, all thoughts of Zac slipping from my mind as i slip into a deep dreamless sleep.