all night thing • chris cornell

i'll never love anyone as much as i love this man

•••

christopher.

i think about his name while he pours himself a drink: jack and coke. it matches him, i think. his name, his black clothes and his ocean eyes. i find myself heavy with the thought of him, of everything he represents to me.
and he's right here, so close that i could touch his chocolate curls if i wanted to.

"having a good time?" chris asks calmly, drink in hand. i glance at his band members, laughing and drinking after another successful concert. i just don't feel like it.

"not sure. i feel out of place." i find his cold-blue eyes looking down at me. warm fingers caress my cheek. i part my lips and catch a slight smile on his face. i want more. i always do when it comes to him.

"let's go somewhere else, then." he pushes his hair out of his face and grabs my hand. i follow. after finishing his drink and telling his bandmates that we'd skip tonight, we're finally outside the bar. the cool air surrounds us, and the silent night soothes me. his presence too.

"i get that, y'know." he starts, heavy tone, and lights a cigarette. "feeling out of place. i've felt like that my whole life." we smoke while we walk, and he tells me his tales to make me feel better. the only sounds around me are the clacking of his boots and his gentle voice.

in wondrous moments like this, i think, it's when we find ourselves. when the rest of the world turns to smoke. when there's only him and i.

i gaze at him with a fascination i could never feel for anyone else. the wind blowing his curls, the constant melancholy in his eyes, the curve of his red lips and the power within him – divinity overflowing & dark as roses. all at the same time.

"chris? i don't think you're aware of how pretty you are." he chuckles, youthful, and stops in his tracks. i feel the metal chain of his belt in my thigh when he comes closer, and inhale his scent – his cologne, leather, cigarettes and mint. it's when the drops of rain start falling.

"d'you want to go back?" "no." "me neither."

as the rain comes down, we start laughing. his black shirt clings to him, and i notice his waist, his toned body underneath. "i like how i feel when we're together." i say quietly. he smiles, pushing his wet hair out of his face again. i catch the suggestive tone on his voice: "let's dance." his arms lift me up and we spin around, soaking-wet, laughing like idiots.

it makes my heart flutter. we can own this town if we want – we're free.

chris cradles my chin, and i sigh with the icy touch of his silver ring on my face. eyes closed, i shiver when he kisses my neck, my jaw, my cheeks, and finally my lips. he kisses as he sings – passionate, but fierce. his tongue flicks across my lips as he releases me for a moment to catch his breath. i run my thumb across his bottom lip. his face is soft, but his stare tangles me to his soul – mischievous spark.

"you know i'm falling into your scheme." he purrs, holding me closer. rain falls heavily over us.
i kiss him again and again.