cold/mess • roger waters

a/n: i posted this originally on my book of thoughts last year, but i thought moving it to this book would make more sense :) enjoy

🌬

a fresh breeze was coming through the window, and the bedroom was covered in a dense golden light.

thoughts flooded my mind while i tried to get some sleep. his hands were warm around my waist, but i felt cold. i turned to roger and stared at his sleeping figure with a cosmic fascination. his face was so relaxed, his long chocolate hair falling down his shoulder in waves, his chest moving softly while he was breathing low beside me.

it was almost like he was shining, wrapped in the glittering colours of the room.
he looked holy.

i got closer to him, the warmth of his skin surrounding me. roger settled his hands around my waist again and hugged me: a cloud of fresh musk and cigarettes. i caressed his hair, and my fingers moved across his cheeks to frame his ethereal, shiny face.

"i'm in love with you, roger."

and i was. i didn't think he could hear me, but i wanted him to know that i was truly, painfully in love with every single part of him.
and it scared me.

a second later, i saw emerald eyes exploring my face with wonder. his long fingers were tracing circles in my jaw, when he kissed me with softness.
red, orange and purple lights danced and twirled inside of me while i felt him even closer. our eyes met again - a promise.

roger sighed, his lips curved in a relaxed smile. our secret moments, kept between the two of us in our own heavenly world.

he claimed my lips again, now hungry and intense. the feel of his frame, his arm muscles wrapped around me, holding me still: a nearly forbidden sensation. his smooth skin, radiating heat - my body tingled.

i didn't know how the following days would be like, but, looking at him at that very moment, all the insecurities racing my mind were completely washed away. in that moment, his touch was the only thing that has ever mattered to me.

i had everything i needed: certainty.
i had him.