Chapter 9

Hello there! If you're still reading this, you'll find that I've updated all the chapters in this story. Some are almost completely redone, while others are basically the same.

Also, I've had to move 2 parts around and Wattpad does not want to cooperate, so bare with me while I figure it out. There should be 9 chapters now, but it's showing me different things on different platforms and I'm trying to fix this. The two new chapters are 6 and this one. Enjoy!

OoO

The next day, Yukari got up early with Sanyu. Usually, she would send him off with his team for the day to accept new missions around Kumogakure or for him to train. But after seeing that man last night, she knew it was time to Sanyu's training up a notch. He might just be ten, but he was one of the best – the living embodiment of a child prodigy. He had gone above and beyond anything she had imagined. Every obstacle he just blew past with ease.

Today would be different though. Last night, their circumstances had changed. For ten years she'd had some form of peace, but that was all over now. There was not a single doubt in her mind – that man she had seen last night was Madara Uchiha. After ten years, he had finally made his move.

"What's with the change of plans? Why couldn't I go with Masa and Keiju today?" Sanyu walked beside her as they went to his private training grounds, his arms behind his head as he looked up at the sky.

"It's time you learn how to really fight."

Sanyu stopped, a confused look on his face. "What do you mean?"

Yukari met his gaze, "So far Keiju has mostly taught you how to fight since I've been busy with the Raikage. Your training is something I should be more involved in, and I take the blame for that. I taught you speed, but Keiju has taught you most of everything else. He's good, don't get me wrong, but you're not Keiju. His style of fighting isn't yours. It's time you learn how to fight like my clan did."

"Wait, we have a clan? That's awesome! Well, what is it?"

This had been a long time coming. Now that Madara had shown himself to her, it was only a matter of time before he made his final move. Letting her see him last night was his one and only warning. Knowing him, he would take it one of two ways. Either he would make his move immediately, or he would play with her and wait until she went insane – she wouldn't let that wouldn't happen.

She placed a hand on Sanyu's shoulder and handed him a package. As he unwrapped it, she watched his joy turn into disbelief as he pulled a black shirt with a high collar from the package, his eyes fixated on the back of the shirt. "My name is not Aoi – It's Yukari Uchiha."

Before she had left the Leaf, she had made two requests to Madara. The first one, she requested him to tell her when he left the village – he had done just that appearing to her last night. And the second, she wanted a shirt with the Uchiha clan's symbol. He fought the second request, but in the end gave her what she wanted. She never told Madara, but the shirt would be for Sanyu when the time was right.

"My name is... Sanyu Uchiha? But you once told me you and my father were from opposite clans?" He never did miss anything.

It was now or never that she told him – whether he was ready or not. "Your father and I never married, so I can't really give you his last name. If we had been married, your surname would be Senju."

At this revelation, he fell onto the ground, clutching the shirt in his hands. Yukari sat on the ground across from him and closed her eyes, waiting for whatever reaction he might have. She excpected him to be angry, but as she heard his sobs, she opened her eyes. He was smiling. He was... happy?