A Heavy Burden

(Y/N) can see Jeongguk far ahead of her and Chisoo, standing in front of the principal's office.

She comes to a stop, breathing heavily, "Ha...Ha...Jeongguk!"

"Jeon Jeongguk, wait!" Chisoo calls out.

The door to the office opens before anyone can stop him. Chisoo and (Y/N) both run into the room after Jeongguk.

"Principal!" Jeongguk stormed.

"Jeon Jeongguk!" Chisoo barges inside.

"Jeongguk!" (Y/N) shouts, hoping to stop him.

The Principal can only look up in question, "Who are all of you?! You're...Cha Chisoo?"

"I apologize. Go outside." Chisoo orders, pulling on Jeongguk's arm.

Jeongguk yanks it away before Chisoo can pull him, "Let go! We have to say this!"

"I told you to get out of here!"

Jeongguk resists with all his might. "I won't!"

Chisoo looks at him with a look of disbelief, "Are you serious?!"

The Principal gestures them to calm down, "Wait, wait. If he has something important to say, then the least I can do is hear him out."

Chisoo shakes his head in disagreement, "It's best not to..."

Jeongguk abruptly shakes off Chisoo's arm and approaches the principal.

"Hello. My name is Jeon Jeongguk. I'm a member of the Taekwondo club."

"I see. What business does the Taekwondo club have here today?" The Principal asks.

"Why are you doing this to us?!"

Chisoo shakes his head upon hearing Jeongguk's question.

"We promoted our club to prevent being disbanded!" Jeongguk raises his voice. "We don't have many members, but we still train hard. So why...?"

"You club simply isn't getting any results." The Principal bluntly states and shocks Jeongguk. "Okay, I'll acknowledge that Chisoo does. But the others? Have they ever placed in competition?"

"That's...!"

"No skills, no members...I've been generous letting the club members continue for as long as it has." The Principal goes on, "Since things seem to be going this way, why not join the new taekwon-dance club?"

"So we just need to prove our skills, then?" Jeongguk asks.

(Y/N) is taken aback, "J-Jeongguk?"

"I'll challenge the #1 ranked school in our region!" Jeongguk affirms very clearly, "If we challenge them and win, will you shut down the taekwon-dance club and give us more support? Please?"

"Hmm..." The Principal turns to Chisoo. "What do you think, Chisoo?"

Anxious, (Y/N) turns to look at Chisoo and can see the desperation in Jeongguk's eyes.

"I agree with Jeon Jeongguk. Please." Chisoo bows respectfully to the Principal.

The Principal looks from Jeongguk and Chisoo, then laughs in amusement. "How entertaining. Okay, we'll do it. But if you lose, you disband the club immediately. Understood?"

"I trust that you'll help us prepare properly. I'm going to go ahead and believe that the room will be reserved exclusively for our use. We need to prepare for the match, after all." Jeongguk assertively pulls open the door and exits without warning for an answer.

Chisoo turns to the Principal, "...I apologize."

"Looks like you've got your hands full with that one." The Principal chuckles, "I look forward to seeing how that match goes."

*Timeskip*

After the visit to the Principal's office...There's a lot of sighing going on in the Taekwondo club room.

Seungmin sits on the floor with a state of despair, "Hah...The region's #1 ranked school is Yangeun High School. Cheon Muho's school."

"How on earth are we supposed to beat them?" Junseon questions.

"Cheon Muho..." Jeongguk mutters the name under his breath.

(Y/N) looks at him, worried, 'Is Jeongguk alright...?' Before the mood gets more melancholy, she changes her tone to a more serious and intent one, "Hey, why the long faces?"

"What?" Seungmin looks confused by her sudden tone in her voice.

The same look shows on Junseon as well, "Why...?"

(Y/N) puts up a sedulous expression, knowing that she's not the type to give up easily. "How can you say that when you haven't even tried to challenge them yet? Even though it feels like the odds are stacked against us...Have you all given up given up already? Huh?!"

Everyone is silenced by her speech.

"No..." Seungmin mutters out.

"It's all settled! If we win against the #1 ranked school in our region, the principle won't ever bring up the issue of disbandment ever again!" (Y/N) balls her fist and plants it in front of her chest, "This is an opportunity to prove ourselves to a school that underestimated us!"

Jeongguk seemed so entranced by her fiery spirit, something he admired and loved so much about her. "Manager..." He continues to stare at her admiringly.

Chisoo nods his head, "Right. We're going to do anything we can to win. Now, everyone get up. Any free time we have to complain is time we should be training."

The members exchange looks before answering, "...Okay."
.
.
.
'It looks like Jeongguk's grown more serious since hearing Cheon Muho's name. Am I just mistaken?'
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
A/N: hey guys, sorry I've been out for long, but I've been getting a bunch of assignments from school. Hope you guys enjoy the drama displayed in this chapter. So ask away and please  Also for those who wanna join my discord, just DM me. As always, I purple all you beautiful ARMY and have a safe and happy day 💜 🌸 🦋