Something's Bothering Him

"This is Jeongguk's school- Typical High School."

(Y/N) eyes widen as she looks forward at what seems to be the highschool Jeon Jeongguk attends to.

'I've gained a week trying to find Jeongguk, and my hard work's finally paid off!'

"Who knew that he attended school early? He's already in high school, not junior high... Aww, my Golden Maknae's a big boy now. But that doesn't matter now! I'm finally going to meet Jeongguk."

*Timeskip*

Music and excited cheers drift through the air, entrancing (Y/N) to move closer to where the vibrant sound seems to be coming from. "What's going on?" Naturally, (Y/N) heads closer to the sound.

"...Oh!"

All the desks in the classroom have been pushed to the side. Someone is dancing in the makeshift arena.

'It's Jeongguk!!'

He's passionately hitting moves to the beat of the music. Moving his body so sharp and swiftly but also keeping it powerful and fluent. His lines showing lots of emotions, feelings, and strong details. Making the (E/C) eyed girl stare at him in admiration.

'Goodness, Jeongguk's so baby-faced... but he's still super strong!'

The song ends, and Jeongguk finally stops dancing. Breathing heavily and sweat dripping down his forehead.

"Hah..."

Members around the class start cheering and applauding, the sounds ringing down the hallway.

A club member speaks out from the audience, "Wow, he really took center stage."

"Who is he?" Another club member asks still in awe of the performance.

Someone, who seems to be the dance club captain, claps and approaches Jeongguk, who smiles easily as he wipes sweat from his face. "Bravo, bravo! Bravo! This is your first time dancing? I can't believe it."

(Y/N) face changes from admiration to pure shock, 'Wait, what?! It's his first time dancing? Is this an audition of some sort...?'

"Come with us to the National Dance Contest. We'll sweep the competition and be the top group! Hahaha!"

Jeongguk looks down sheepishly, "Ah... I'm sorry. I don't think this is for me. Sorry, excuse me..."

The dance club captain just looks at his walking away figure in confuzzlement, "Huh?! Hey! Where are you going?!"

(Y/N) stares at Jeongguk's frame as he walks away discouragedly from the group. 'What's going on...? I'll follow Jeongguk for now.'

*Timeskip*

In a room full of paintings, canvases and other sorts of arts and crafts, Jeongguk looks around the room in wonder. "Wow, so this is what the art room looks like..."

"Yeah... so, about why you want to join our club... you said you wanted to learn something new?" The Art Club Captain asks the younger male, who seemed interested in what the club can do. "I hate to break it to you, but not just anyone can join the art club. You have to pass our rigorous entrance exam first."

Jeongguk smiles roughishly as he picks up a palette of different shades of paint. Moments later, an easel is set up in the art room, and a canvas set on top of it. "...Done."

The members of the club nearly drop their jaws to the floor once they see the masterpiece that he has bestowed upon them, seeing the shades blend in with each other, the bold outlines, and the sharp angles that bring the whole painting together. The colors and the black ink together gave an endearing illusion.