Chapter 9: The Marshal

Together they had determined that finding other Mandalorians would be the best course of action, for finding out where the little ones species might be. The problem now, was finding said Mandalorians. El had lost track of how long it had been since Nevarro, and despite actively searching for the kids own people, they had grown even more attached to him. 

Now, they were going to another contact, a dodgy character, but one with a lot of information on a lot of things. If he didn't know, then they would be at a loss. 

It was dark as they walked through the quiet city, it was vital to stay in the light. Din wasn't worried, or at least didn't show it. El was by his side, eyes darting about, looking out for any threat, and the little one was in his pram, floating between them both. 

Estella wasn't particularly worried either, she was just very protective of her two companions now. After everything they had been through, and now being part of his clan, the three of them had formed a bond. Din and El knew that once they found his people, they would have to give him to them, and that day would be the hardest day for them both.

They tried not to think about it, both were reserved about their emotions, Din more so than her. Instead they focused on the then and now, and now they were walking through a silent street, their destination, a fighting pit. 

The little one had his hands on the rim of the pram, eagerly looking around the darkness. He spotted some red eyes in the darkness, watching them walk by. Normally, he would be scared, but having both strong bounty hunters either side of him, he felt rather at ease.

This area wasn't the nicest, which was an understatement. The walls of the surrounding buildings were covered in many layers of graffiti. The street lights weren't too bright, allowing the creatures of the night to creep close by. The nicer parts of the city in the far distance as they walked up to a building. A Twi-lek outside, the bouncer, looked them up and down as they came to a halt before him.

"we're here to see Gor Koresh." The bouncer looked Din up and down, then Estella, and finally down at the little one, the three of them simply stared back at him. He stood to the side, holding his hand out to the door, allowing them entry. 

"Enjoy the fights." The door opened up and Din lead the way. The child behind him with Estella at the back. The sounds of spectators shouting and cheering in response to the fight within. 

The ring was at the centre of the room, lit up by a light above it, the crowd in the dark. The two Gamorrean fighters swung their axes, both blocking and dodging the hits. The two bounty hunters ignored it all, instead focusing on the man they had come here for. The little one watched the fight, a Gamorrean was knocked to the floor, only to spring back to his feet. The crowd was cheering with each hit that landed. 

El had stopped following, holding back and lingering at a distance. Watching the exchange and ready for it to go south, as things usually did with them. Din walked over to the contact, sitting down beside him silently. The three of them watched the fight.

"You know this is no place for a child." The shouts of the crowd shielded their conversation from any eavesdroppers. 

"Wherever I go, he goes." Gor Koresh jerked his head towards Estella.

"So does she, apparently." He chuckled while the fight pressed on. Din moved the conversation forward.

"I've been quested to bring him to his kind. If I can locate other Mandalorians, they can help guide me." Din was looking at him, silently pleading for him to give them the information they needed. "I'm told you know where to find them." 

Gor Koresh didn't appear to be fully listening to him, his eye still on the fight even when he leaned over to reply. 

"It's uncouth to talk business immediately." He gestured towards the fight. "Just enjoy the entertainment." Din supressed a sigh as they watched the fight. One of the fighters had been knocked to the floor again. Gor threw his hands up in frustration. "Bah! My Gamorrean's not doing well." He was leaning towards Din, before shouting at the fighter. "Kill him! Finish him!"