Telling family and the world

The 19th of July

Lauren and Joey sat in the sofa on their way to a zoom meeting with their parents. Lauren was hiding her hand behid Joey's back. She was so scared for what her parents would say. They liked Joey, but she didnt know how they would take it when they found out.

"Lo. Dont be scared. I'm sure they will be supprotive, and it will al be fine." Joey said, when he saw that she was hiding her hand. 

"I know. It's just that my dad is latina and I think that he would like it more if you asked him first. But I guess you're right." She said. Diane came running towards them and jumped up on the sofa. She walked over and stepped onto Laurens lap, and found a good place to sleep.

The zoom call started and Joey's parents were the first to join.

"Hi mom. How are you doing?" Joey said when his mom and dad came up on the screen.

"Fine thank you. How are you doing? Why did you want to meet us today?" His mother said. She smiled at him with that motherly smile that you dont get anywhere else.

"We'll get to that. We need to wait for Mr. and Mrs. Lopez." Joey said, looking at Lauren. She smiled back at him. She was calmer now. He was good at caling her down. 

"Ah! Hello Mrs. and Mr. Lopez! How are you?" Lauren heard Joey's dad say. She turned away from Joey to look at her parents who had just joined. 

"Very good. How are you Mr. Richter?" Her dad said. She looked at him and smiled.

"Hello dad. How are you?" She asked, and to her surprise had a little shake in her voice. Joey looked at her, a little worried. She never acted like this. 

"Sweety, are you okey?" Mrs. Lopez said with a worried look. 

"Yes, I'm fine. Just a little tired." She said. She didnt want to lie to her mother, but she needed a little more time.

"So, we have something to tell you guys." Joey said, looking at Lauren again. This time with a smile. 

"So, 8 days ago me and Joey finished a puzzle that Joey got us." Lauren started, but stopped and looked at Joey for help.

"When we finished I gave Lauren something." He continued, helping Lauren. "Something very special." He stopped. Lauren looked at him, gave him a little kiss and lifted up her hand, so that the zoom call could see it.

"Omg! Joey! You proposed?" Mrs. Richter said. He smiled at her. She looked so happy. Lauren looked at her dad. He looked at her with a look that said; Are you happy? She smiled at him. Of course she was happy. This was the happiest she had been in a long time. 

"So.. What do you say?" Lauren said and looked at her parents.

"Oh, honey. This is amazing! We always liked Joey, and we know that you love him." Her mother said. Joey could feel Lauren relax a little. Her dad looked like he agreed. The only one that hadnt said anything about it was Mr. Richter. He looked at Joey with a firm look.

"I think you did a great job. She looks happy." Mr. Richter said. That was the only thing he said. They talked a little longer an ended the zoom call after. 

--------------------------------------------------

The 20th of July

"And post." Joey said looking at Lauren. They decided to post it on instagram. It was perfect, because it was monday and they always posted on mondays. 

"Wow." Lauren said. "I didnt expect it to go so fast."

"I guess some people are online all the time." Joey answered. 

They had already got a lot of likes and amazing comments. One that made Joey laugh was from Corey D. He commented if the flashmob wasnt happening and that he had learned all the coreo. Joey liked Corey. He was a funny guy. All the feedback was amazing and a lot of their friends congratulated them and wished them the best. 

"I love this community!" Lauren said looking at all the comments.

"I guess Richpez was true after all." Joey said lauging a little and then he kissed Lauren on the lips. 

---------------------------------------------

Wow. That was fun to write. I dont know what their parents are named, so I did what I did to make it work. Hope you liked it. I wrote this in class because I got a boost of inspiration. Please vote and comment if you liked it!