Chapter 1

"Bridget!" A voice called from behind me. I slowly turned around. Great, it's Ty.
"We need to talk" he yells. That's where it hit me hard. I can't. I'm so bad at goodbyes and he knows that I'm leaving so I don't understand why he's still trying to talk.
"What?" I say coldly.
"Is it true? Is your mom sending you to boarding school?"
"Yeah. It's not a surprise though, she was eventually going to run off with her boyfriend."
"Where is the boarding school at?"
"England"
"England?! What's going to happen to us?"
I pause. I really want to try everything I can to stay with my friends and especially Ty. But a part of me wants a fresh start. And I'm not going to force Ty into a long distance relationship. Those suck. I couldn't be able to convince my mom otherwise.
"You know what's going to happen, so why do you even ask?"
"Because.. I love you." My heart sinks when he says this. We were never really dating. We were just two people who hung out, a lot. Ty is a player and I tend to be a flirt. But little by little we both stopped "hanging" out with other people and "hung" out with each other. But we never called it a relationship or anything. I don't know what to say now, and even worse, I think I love him too. No Bridget, I told myself, stay strong.
"I don't love you" just as I said this it starts to rain but Ty just stands there, looking at me like I just shot him or something. I ponder about changing my mind and telling him I do really love him but I can't have him hold on to something that would eventually end anyways.
"It's over, I'm leaving tomorrow and once I do, I never want to hear from you again." I could feel tears starting to form.
"Good bye Ty." I turn around and walk away, tears start to fall now. The last thing I wanted before I left was to hurt him, and hurt myself in the process. I wanted to spend one more night with him before I left but that was unfair to him. I had to do what I had to do. I open the door to my house. No one's home, of course. I head up the stairs and slowly walk down the hall. Anger starts to grow inside of me. I open my closet, take out my purple suitcase, and throw it on top of the bed. I look at my closet. There are only some things I want to take. A lot of this stuff reminds me too much of Ty. I have to forget him. I separate my clothes in two piles. One to take to boarding school, and the other to donate. Jewelry I think, I need to take jewelry. I open my jewelry box. Shit, Ty got me half of this stuff. I have to give it away, except one, it's a silver necklace with a little elephant on it and a small circular metal charm with my name engraved on it. I like it too much so it will be the only thing I bring that reminds me of him. Once I finish packing I put my suitcase next to my door and get in my pajamas. I spend most of the night crying my eyes out.