Chapter 14 (Saturday Night Part 3)

(Bridget's Point of View)

"I have to say, I am impressed." Mathew says, leading me away from the ping pong table after I won three times. I smile at him and then look around trying to find Miranda. I finally spot her sitting on the couch, talking to the same guy, but by now she looks annoyed. To be honest, It was fun here for a while, but I feel like checking out the other party. I walk towards her and she looks at me trying to hint me into helping her.

"Hey Miranda, you ready to though? Everyone's waiting for us."

"Wait, you're leaving?" Mathew asks, disappointedly. Miranda shoot up from her seat and smiles in relief.

"Yup!" She chirps, grabbing my arm and dragging me towards the door.

"Sorry Mathew!" I yell while being pulled towards the door, "See you later!"

"Um, okay bye!"

"Bye Miranda!" The dude on the couch yells. Once we are outside, Miranda lets go of my arm and turns to me.

"Thank you so much."

"What's wrong? He seemed nice."

"Nice? He wouldn't leave me alone!"

"Oh, and I take it you weren't into him?"

"What do you think?" She shoots back.

"Okay, Okay. I didn't realize how dedicated you were to Jack." I wiggle my eyebrows at her and we both start laughing.

"Ya right. Let's just go to the party."

(Miranda's Point of view)

We finally get to the party after Peggy texted us the address. We enter the basement and see different colored lights everywhere. When we reach the bottom of the steps, Bridget turns to me.

"I'm going to get something to drink, Try to find Peggy and them."

"Okay!" I shout back before she disappears in the crowd. I look around and spot blonde hair and a pastel pink outfit. That has to be Tiffany. I walk towards her, but freeze in shock when I arrive. I see Jack on one of the couches with his tongue down a girl's throat. He opens his eyes as if he sensed my presence, smiles at me, and continues to make out with the girl. What a--- an asshole! Ugh! I can't just stand here acting like just another girl who's heart he broke. So I look around, and see a really a really hot guy walking by. I don't even think. I just grab him by his shirt, and pull his lips to mine.

(Tiffany's Point of View)

Oh my Gosh. Miranda is making out with Daniel! I notice Jack stop making out with whatever girl he is with at the moment, and stare at her in shock. Actually, no, he looks downright pissed. He pushes the girl to the side and tells her to get lost. He continues to glare at Miranda before storming away to get a drink. I laugh to myself. Something always happens at Daniel's parties. I look around and notice that Brian isn't here. Where did he go? I walk over to Peggy, who is laughing and dancing with some guy, and pull her to the side.

"Do you know where Brian is?" I yell over the music.

"Yeah! He left because his sister got drunk at a pub again or something." She yells back. I wonder what's been up lately with his sister. I mean, it's not like I can talk to him and all after, that night. I feel bad ignoring him but I think that's my problem. I feel bad for guys. That's what eventually makes me give in. But not this time, I'm not going to date anyone from our school, I just won't.

(Bridget's Point of View)

After getting a beer, I try to make my way back to the other side of the basement when someone slams into me trying to get by.