Chapter 2

"Bye honey I will miss you a lot, keep in touch!" My mom says as I'm about to board the plane.
"Have fun with your boyfriend" I say, a little rude but pretty genuine. The truth is even though it's bitchy to send your kid to boarding school so you can run away with your boyfriend, I still hope she will be happy. I turn around, grip on to my suitcase and head to the flight attendant to give her my ticket. Don't turn around, I told myself, don't turn around. I walk in the plane and look for my seat. I sit down, I got the seat right next to the aisle. I might actually be able to survive this plane ride. I take out a fashion magazine and start to flip through outfits.
"You know you have to put your carry on above your seat right?" A guy said, who was sitting right next to me. I look at everyone putting there stuff in those compartments and I start blushing a little in embarrassment.
"Uh yeah, I was just.. Um..." I reach for my luggage and he grabs it before me.
"It's ok, I got it. I'm Mathew by the way"
"Bridget."
"Nice to meet you." He closes the compartment and sits next to me a flashes a warm, intimidating smile. Wait, what the hell am I thinking? I just broke up with Ty who I loved. I mean love. I think. I'm so confused right now. I just put on some earbuds and turn on music. He slowly takes one earbud out of my ear and whispers "you're phone is supposed to be off until the plane allows you to turn them on."
"Well that's a stupid rule."
"I suppose, but it prevents the airplane from crashing so I mean I think it's pretty fair."
Wow. I sound like a complete idiot.
"This is my second time ever on a plane, and the first time was when I was like two so I don't really remember a lot of the policies." I could've been nicer about the way I said it but I was offended that he kept on telling me what I was doing was wrong. I know he is trying to help me out but it pisses me off.
"I'm just trying-"
"Please buckle in, so we are ready for take-off" the flight attendant says through the microphone thing. I clip on my seat belt and quickly glance to look at Mathew. He's looking at me and when he notices that I am looking at him back he smirks softly. He's kind of gorgeous. The plane starts to move, and my heart starts to beat, fast. Mathew notices I'm nervous and I think he starts a conversation with me so I'm distracted from the take-off.
"So, why are you going to England?"
"My mom is sending me to boarding school."
"Oh I'm going to a boarding school, which one are you going to?"
"Fawn Creek"
"Oh I'm going to one nearby called Caton Bay."
"Do you know if Fawn Creek is cool?"
"Ya it's pretty cool, but Caton Bay has better parties" he winks at me which made me smile for a split second.
"What house are you staying at?"
I think I am actually enjoying his company.
"The Clermont House, have you heard of it?"
"Yeah, don't worry you got a good house. If you ever want to come visit me I'm in the Degraw house if you ever need anything, even if it's to go to one of our parties." I laugh when he says this. I could possibly be able to live in this situation if I can hang out with Mathew. We spend the rest of the plane ride talking about our past and what got us to go to boarding school.