Chapter 1: Before

I don't own Percy Jackson or Young Justice.

The night the Wayne's died, they left behind two children. Bruce and Sally Wayne. Not many people knew of the existence of Sally, as she had still to be introduced to the media as Bruce's little sister. It was decided by both Bruce and Alfred that it would be best for Sally to grow up with an actual family, so they made sure she was adopted into a loving household with the Jacksons.

Bruce took the weight of the company and media, keeping his sister out of their reach. Over the years, he made sure to keep tabs on his sister, visiting her when he had time. He made sure she was safe and in good hands up until he 'disappeared'.

When he came back, he found out that his sister had a daughter, Persephone Andromeda Jackson. She later married a man named Gabrielle Ugliano. When he went out on patrol as Batman, he would take a detour to pass by her apartment.

Batman was considered one of the 'best detectives'. If that was true, then why did he never realize that his own sister was being abused? Simple. By the time he passed by her home, there was no screaming, no yelling, no crying. By that hour, Gabe was passed out drunk.

The night he noticed something wrong, it was because of the crying coming from his sister's window. He climbed in through said window, only to come across a horrible sight.

One the floor lay his sister, face pale and lifeless. Beside her sat his niece, begging her mom to wake up.

He swallowed down the sob that was rising in his throat. He was Batman, he had seen worse. But this was his sister.

The police were called. Her husband, Gabe, was arrested and found guilty of murder. Persephone was left without family. At least she thought that was the case. The next day her uncle, Bruce Wayne, came to pick her up.

She had been 8 when she moved in with Bruce. She didn't find out about his alter ego until she was 9. After days of begging and various puppy eyes, he agreed to train her.

A bit after her tenth birthday, she mastered self-defense. To celebrate her accomplishment, they went to the circus that was in town.

When the Grayson's fell, Percy went to comfort their son. She knew what it was like to lose a parent you loved, but he had lost both. Just like Bruce.

Maybe that was why Bruce had taken him in. No matter the reason, Percy was glad to have someone besides Bruce and Alfred in te manor. Don't get her wrong, she loved them, but Bruce was always busy besides her training and Alfred wasn't much fun.

Dick and Percy quickly grew close. They usually only had each other after all. And if she dropped hints about Bruce being Batman, well, no one needed to know.

They spent their days training hard to fight the bad guys. Neither of them wanted what happened to them happen to others. When Bruce deemed them ready to go on patrol with Batman, they were beyond ecstatic.

They got to chose their hero names. Dick chose Robin as a reminder of his family. Percy went with Tidal-Wing. There was just something about that name that called her.

That year was her first summer at Camp Half-Blood. Her family was going crazy trying to track her down while she was releasing a zebra in Vegas.

When she returned home, she recounted her summer to the three of them. They learned a lot about the gods that day. Taken, she was grounded, but that just meant to going out with Batman for a month.

It was during her second summer at camp that she realized just how dangerous her life was. She made the decision of living year round at camp, wanting to keep her family safe.

She would visit them once a month and during holidays. Or, you know, whenever she wasn't busy doing something stupid that put her life in danger.

It was during one of these visits that she met Wally. He was waiting for Dick in the living room when she walked in. She asked for his name, but his mumbling made it impossible do decipher what he had said. She opted for just calling him Freckles.

The three became really good friends, even being called the three musketeers. Eventually Percy trusted him enough to tell him about the gods. He had already found out about Bruce and Dick anyways. Not to mention he was a speedster and his uncle was the Flash.

All four of them knew about the Great Prophecy. That's why, when Percy stopped IMing a month before her fourteenth birthday, well, let's just say they assumed the worst.

Percy ships:

Percy x Kaldur

Percy x Wally

Percy x Artemis

Other

Stay whelmed cupcakes - j.d