Light

I knew this punishment would be worse then before. Last time I went away because of my parents, this time it was my choice. I sat shivering naked on the bed waiting for Benjamin to enter. I did not know if he was in the house today or if I was going to have to wait for his return. I must have dosed off while waiting for his return. I woke to the feeling of fingers running up my body. I opened my eyes and saw Benjamin sitting on the bed stroking my legs. He looked up at me when he saw me and smiled.

"Hello, my little pet, I sure did miss you." Benjamin said looking my body over."I heard you were bad today." He said licking his lips. I did not answer, all I could do was hold my breath and wait. He ran his finger up my body and to my face grabbing my chin. "I would have thought you learned your lesson the last time." He said laughing. "But obviously not. Matt and I let you leave to your aunts without a fight because we knew you would be back one day, but we never expected you to try to run away." He said sitting on the bed. "Do you remember the last time you were here?" He asked me lost in thought. Of course I remember, that is something I could never forget. I was tortured for three days while my parents thought I was at Jane's. I shook my head yes but he was silent.

"Y...yes.yes I remember." I said voice shaking. He laughed loud making me flinch.

"You you remember all of the fun games we played. I cringed, the memory of the games came rushing back, I hated this man.

"Yes." I whispered. I knew this time would be worse, why could I not have died. He slowly turned me around so my back was showing. I cringed and tried to pull away.

"Do you remember this burn." He said running his finger up my back. I screamed remembering the pain the fire poker made touching my skin. "Ill take that as a yes." He said laughing. He rolled me back over and sat on top of me. "Well, apparently 3 days did not help solidify your understanding of who you belong to. Maybe you need more time this time." He said and leaned in to kiss me.

I had learned my lesson after the week in the room alone with Benjamin. Whatever progress I had made was gone by just one week in that room. I was a shell again of a person, I knew who I was supposed to be and who I belonged to. I listened to directions and remembered all of the rules, I was perfect. I know understood completely why Matt's mother killed her self, no one could live this way.

A week later a box came in the mail for me. The return label was my aunts house. Matt brought it up to me and asked me if I wanted to open it.

"Well, are you okay if I do." I asked going to sit on the bed. He handed me the box.

"Do want you want, its just a box." He said walking out of the room. He was leaving for the day. His father was making him tour the college he was accepted to, but my face had not healed enough to be seen in public so I had to stay. He had hired a guy to guard me when he was gone, the guy was very nice and I had learned a lot about his life and his kids. It was nice to talk with someone when Matt was gone.

I opened the box and the first thing I saw was the mace my uncle had given me. I froze, I knew if Matt saw this he would get upset at my family for sending it to me. So I grabbed it and hid it under the bed, when he left I would find a better place to hide it. I kept digging through the boxes of items I collected while at my aunts house. I pulled out the three t-shirts I bought because of James. I hugged the shirts close and smelled the detergent my aunt loved. These shirts brought a smile but something inside me smashed down the smile. I quickly threw the shirts to the ground, that was a different person. I pulled out the necklace I had bought while on the beach and the sand dollar I had found. There was a pictures of me with Ben and James smiling on the porch, a couple of me and my aunt and one of James all by himself. I remembered the day that photo was taken.