♔ 4 ♔

I woke up from my coma in major pain. I groaned and held my head as I had a headache. I opened my eyes to myself in a hospital bedroom. There was no one in the room so I carefully got out of the hospital bed.

I made my way to the mirror and gasped when I saw my reflection. My right eye turned gold from the zombie transformation while my left eye remained black. The gold eye signaled to others that I was a zombie. When the transformation took place, the zombie will have gold eyes, pale skin with veins popping out. They will also have razor-sharp teeth and claws.

Right now, the only that that alerted others that I was a zombie was my golden eye since I am a rank 5 zombie. I need to find some contact lenses to cover up my golden eye so I can join the human bases if I wanted to. I knew that as I level up, my appearance will return to normal.

I made my way back to my bed and sat down. Right when I sat down, I saw a handsome man walk in. The man had dark black hair and a set of crimson red eyes that looked like shimmering rubies.

When the man saw me sitting on the bed, he rushed towards me. He wrapped his strong arms around me tightly.

"I thought you were never going to wake up." The man said with deep emotion.

I pulled back from the man's hug in confusion.

"Who...who are you?"

The man's eyes widened in shock.

"I am your butler, Maverick Dagon!" He exclaimed.

Maverick Dagon? Oh no. I vowed to not meet with Maverick but apparently, I underestimated the power of a yandere. I guess I will follow the plot and tag along with Maverick.

Accepting my fate, I asked with urgency, "What is today's date?"

"Today is January 3rd, 2040," Maverick told me with a confused expression.

Shit, I forgot that when Orion wakes up, it would already be the day of the apocalypse.

"Maverick, listen to me. We must get out of this hospital now!"

"But you just woke up from your two-week coma, you can not be discharged at this moment," Maverick told me.

"You may not believe me, but a zombie outbreak is about to happen today!" I yelled at him.

Maverick simply nodded and helped me unhook the IVs from my arm. He helped me sit in a wheelchair because I was quite weak from being in a two-week coma.

We checked out the hospital and just as we closed the door to the limo, I heard loud screaming. Shit! The apocalypse officially has begun!

"Quick! Drive to my mansion!" I commanded.

We needed to get to the mansion so that we can have shelter and gather the things we need to survive such as food and clothing.

"Yes, Young Master," Maverick replied without asking any further questions.

I was suspicious at how calm Maverick was. Was Maverick always this calm in the novel? I shook the thought off. 

Eh, it's probably nothing.