♔ 3 ♔

After recalling the events of the novel, I glanced up at Doctor Dick.

He looked down at the medical report and said, "According to my calculations, you have 3 days left until you die."

This scene seems very familiar to me.

"Unless...I give you a brand new medication developed by our researchers, however, there is no guarantee it will work. Furthermore, it will put you into a two-week coma." He said.

Isn't this the prologue of "End of the World Love"? The new medicine the doctor is talking about is none other than the zombie virus.

Seeing the Doctor's expectant expression, I replied, "Okay."

After he shot me with the needle and I drifted off into a two-week coma, I dreamt about what will happen during the prologue.

In the prologue, the medicine is given to Orion because of his illness, resulting in him turning into a zombie. In other words, Orion Pierce was patient zero. Because of this, he was the strongest zombie and became the Zombie King.

As a benefit of being the Zombie King, Orion had total control over all of the zombies that had a lower rank than him. The zombies had 10 ranks. The higher the rank, the stronger and smarter the zombies were. Furthermore, the higher the rank, the more zombies look and sound like regular humans.

The higher the rank of the zombie, the more valuable the crystal core was. Besides eating crystal cores, there is another way to level up which is through experience.

Zombies only sought after humans because of their crystal core. When the apocalypse happened, everyone's brain shrunk to the size of a gulf ball and crystalized. The crystal cores within an ability user can help zombies level up. This is the same for ability users as the crystal core within a zombie's skull can help them level up as well and help them become stronger.

Zombies can't eat each other's crystal core as the zombies are dead and they need fresh and alive crystal cores. The same goes for humans.

Near the end of the novel, Orion was a rank 10 zombie and the only other zombie that was had the same rank as him was his loyal butler, Maverick Dagon. In the novel, Maverick was the mini-boss. He did everything the final boss, Orion asked him to do. Even though Maverick had a chance to defeat Orion to become the next Zombie King, Maverick did not because he was extremely loyal to Orion. Maverick was Orion's second in command and had the status of "crown prince."

Maverick was the one who told Orion to bite him so that he can become a zombie. Maverick wanted to become a zombie because thought by doing so, he will be able to protect Orion better. Maverick had the time and space ability in which he can manipulate time and store anything in his space.

I can't meet Maverick though because when he meets the female lead, Clementine after kidnapping her, he becomes a total yandere for her. What is respectable is that although Maverick was a total yandere for the female lead, he remained loyal to Orion.

In the prologue, Orion transformed into a zombie first. The medication that contained the zombie virus was first given to other test subjects before the Doctor gave it to him. But he was the one to transform first because his body was already weakened from his severe illness.

By taking the medicine, his illness was paused and when he woke up from his coma, he became a zombie after two weeks. Barely a few minutes later, the test subjects that were given the zombie virus before Orion transformed and bit the medical staff.

The medical staff that was infected ran out of the hospital to try and escape but they, unfortunately, infected other people.

The zombie transformation takes a minimum of 5 minutes and a maximum of three weeks. It was completely random.

Orion quickly became a rank 5 zombie after waking up from his coma which was considerably higher than the other zombies who start at rank 1. Because he was at rank 5, he still had his human intelligence attached. As zombies increased in rank, they grow stronger and smarter. At the end of the book, he was a rank 10 zombie thus he was known as the Zombie King; but he was still killed by the protagonist, Xavier Hale in the end.

The protagonist cracked Orion's head open for the most valuable prize, a rank 10 zombie core. After eating the rank 10 zombie core, the protagonist was able to reach the peak of his ice ability. As a result of eating the rank 10 zombie core, his senses were also enhanced. 

Soon, Xavier Hale found out that the female lead was not innocent but a green tea bitch! So the protagonist kills Clementine. He felt guilty for killing Orion and for throwing Embry to the side so he begs Embry, the villainess to come back to him.

Embry was a zombie and a part of Orion's Empire. She pledged her loyalty to Orion. Even after his death, she would not betray Orion. So Embry shot herself in the head, leaving the protagonist in shock and broken-hearted.

Her last wish was for humans and zombies to live together peacefully. So Xavier complied and soon he became known as the Supreme Ruler who singlehandedly united the zombie empire and human empire as one resulting in a utopia world where zombies and humans can coexist.