4 - business lady

I looked at my phone, the clock read 4 am. Woah, while listening to music time flies. I guess I got lost in my thoughts about my future life in London.

I needed to go to the toilet so I got up but took my small bag with me. When I came back I saw that someone was sleeping on my seat. Why would someone just take someone else's seat and even fall asleep there. ugh.

I asked a flight attendant if there were any free seats because I didn't really know what to do at that point and I didn't want to wake up that stranger on my seat.

„I'm sorry Miss, but all seats in economy class are taken. You could go to business or first class, I'm sure there's something free for you." she said, giving me a smile.

I really admire flight assistants, they're always so nice, like even in the middle of the night they just give off positive vibes, except the plane is about to crash or something yk, and I think their job is really hard too.

The flight attendant looked for a free seat and came back to say that she found one in business class. She said I could go there if I wanted to.

I knew that it would feel weird to go to business class but eventually I gave in because of course I needed somewhere to sit for the next hour. I quickly went to my parents, told them what the situation was and then followed the lady to business class.

When we got there a boy caught my eye but I didn't think much of it and looked away. From my peripheral vision I could see that he was looking at me too.

I realised that the free place the lady was talking about was next to that boy.

„Hey, uhmm... do you mind if I sit here?" I asked the boy. "All the seats in economy class are taken." I explained.

His brown eyes locked with mine, he broke the silence by saying „no, no I don't mind." he smirked at me.

" he smirked at me

(where we sat)

I took a seat and began reading the book I brought so I wouldn't have to talk to him. There was kind of a weird tension between us even though we met like ten seconds ago.
I noticed the boy was looking at me so I looked up from my book and catched him staring right at me.

He quickly looked away and even blushed a little, I could tell he was kind of nervous but I didn't know why.
Because of me sitting next to him? No no no, can't be. I mean, why would he? It's not like I'm a model or a celebrity or something.

„Why did you just look at me like that?" I asked out of curiosity. I gave the boy next to me a little smile because I didn't want to appear rude. He looked at me but didn't answer and nervously scratched the back of his head.
He definitely didn't know what to say.

"Uhmm.. I- I think you're kinda..uh" he began, "you think im kinda what?" I asked.
"I think you're kinda cute." he said blushing again. I felt the heat run through my cheeks. I was definitely blushing too.