Five

After I finished my appointment I didn't see Mason so I went to the front desk and said that my mother needed his number. Perks of being a psychologist's daughter I guess.

Now I'm sitting here with my phone in my hand trying to think of something witty to text him.

When I got home Rome really wanted to make dinosaur cookies because he's nerd for dinosaurs. I told him that we'll make today, yesterday I just wanted to rest.

Maybe I should call him? Yeah it'd seem like super weird if a random number just texted you out of nowhere. Right? No it's even weirder if I just call him from a random number.

"Mom!" I shout, needing input on the debate going through my mind right now.

She rushes into my room flustered. "Gosh Elle, I thought you'd be bleeding out or something. What did you need me for." She says sitting on the plum vintage chair I have in my room, matching my comforter.

"Call or text?" I ask her.

"I don't understand. Why did you need me to ask me a question like that." She furrows her eyebrows in confusion.

"Why isn't important, I just want to know which seems less weird coming from a random number." I explain trying to make things go by faster.

"Call. You recognize the persons voice, if you were going to text them they'd have no idea who you are. But I still don't understand why this matters."

"One again, not important. But thanks for helping me out." I go back to my phone thinking over what I'm going to say to Mason.

"Anytime honey, I'm going to work I'll be home around 5:30 don't forget to take care of Rome." She says walking out of my room.

"I won't, bye mom!" I shout to her, down the stairs.

What should I say to Mason? Fuck it I'm just gonna wing it, he might not even pick up.

I dial his number and the phone starts to ring, on the first ring I'm still cool, the second my hands start shaking a little bit, Elle don't be nervous you talk to him all the ti-

"Hello?" I hear his deep raspy voice ask, I think I almost die.

"Uh, hey. It's Elle just, um, saying what's up." I completely stutter, so much for winging it.

"Oh, uh hi Elle. How'd you get my number?" I'm not surprised that's he's confused.

"Well after I finished my appointment you weren't there so I asked the lady at the front desk." I sound 100% creepy."You're calling me Elle that's weird." I say noticing the weird behavior.

"Well I just decided that if you know my name, I should call you yours." I can almost see the smirk on his face.

"Whatever Mason." I laugh Turing over on my bed.

"I miss the nicknames. Now that you know my name are going to completely loose your creative abilities?" I hear keys jingle, he must be going somewhere.

"Where ya headed Masey-boy?" I ask giving him a nickname I know he won't like very much.

"Not the nickname that had in mind, but progress. I'm on my way home, just got done with uh- stuff." He stutters at the end but I won't question right now.

"Well if you have nothing better to do you could come make dinosaur cookies with me and my brother, he likes new people. To be honest he reminds me of a golden retriever." I stand up and make my way down stairs.

"I'll have you know that I love golden retrievers." He says, I haven't heard his car start so he must still be parked.

"Good to know, so is that a yes?" I question, I don't want to seem desperate but he's kind of the only friend-ish person I have in my life other than Rome.

"I guess, send me your address. Can't wait to make dinosaur cookies, sounds like a messy project."

"Don't get any ideas Dodge, I don't wanna be cleaning frosting out of my hair." I laugh making a bowl of cereal for Rome, it's like noon but who cares, that little monster can sleep in if he wants.

"See you soon princess." He chuckles. Then he hangs, I send him my address and get Rome up.

"Rome!" I shout down from the kitchen. Soon enough he comes down the stairs. "I made you cereal." I say, as I push the bowl over to him.

"Are we gonna make cookies today like you promised Ellie!" He looks up from his Cinnamon Toast Crunch, his bright green eyes beaming with joy. 

"Hey Rome, a friend of mine is gonna come make cookies with us, is that cool."  I ask while sitting down across from him.

"Absolutely! I can show him my dinosaur collection!" She smiles. "What's your friends name? When are they coming over?" He starts sitting up in his chair exciting that he gets to meet someone new.

For now we're just gonna sit here and wait for Mason.

_________________________________
A/N
Filler chapter
Who's excited for the dinosaur cookies?
I love Rome
Thanks for reading!
<3