Chapter 1: Late Night

Eight Years After Better Hurry Ochaco

"Toshinori we're home!"

Midoriya and Uraraka announced as they unlocked the door. Deku looked around with a puzzled look on his face.

"Toshinori?"

He called out to his son. It was late, but not that late.

"Finally"

Toshinori grumbled as he made his way downstairs. His parents always left for work before he got up for school, and they would come home way after the sun had set. He was 15 now so he could take care of himself, but it sucked being cooped up in this big house all day by himself.

"Ah there you are!"

Uraraka smiled and wrapped her arms around her son. Toshinori said nothing and didn't return the hug.

"Have you finished your UA application yet? It's due in a week.

Midoriya asked cheerfully, completely oblivious to his sons behavior.

"I can't believe my baby boy is going to be in high school"

Uraraka squealed and hugged him tighter

"Almost"

Toshinori mumbled. His mother finally took note of his dissatisfaction.

"Hey is everything all right Toshi?"

Ochaco pulled away with a look of concern on her face as she caressed his cheek.

"Why do you care?"

Toshinori removed her hand and turned away

"Because we're your parents and we love you"

Midoriya added turning his sons shoulder so he could face them. Toshinori shrugged his fathers hand off and kept his back turned.

"That's funny. I thought parents were supposed to be apart of their child's lives. I was practically raised by Uba (their nanny) because you were never around! All the kids at school talk about how their dad took them to a baseball game or how their mom takes them shopping for cool new shoes. Everyone asks me what it's like to be the son of Deku and Uravity but I don't know how to answer that! Did it ever consider to you guys that I don't want to go to UA? That I don't want to be a hero?

Midoriya and Uraraka were shocked. They felt bad about missing out on a lot of Toshinori's childhood, but they never imagined it would have effected him this much.

"Toshi...."

Uraraka mumbled, tears starting to well in her eyes.

"Of course you don't have to be a hero son. You can be whatever you want. It's just that you always wanted to come to the agency and you got so excited when you met all the heroes that work with us that I assumed you still felt that way"

Midoriya said trying to get his son to face him again.

"Well I'm not that naive little boy anymore"

Toshinori snapped and ran upstairs back to his room. Uraraka reached out after him but Midoriya held her back.

"Let him go for now. He'll be fine tomorrow"

Midoriya whispered as he pulled his wife in for a hug and kissed the top of her head.

"I hope so"

Ochaco whispered back and rested her forehead on Dekus chest.

Meanwhile...

Toshinori stormed into his room and slammed the door. He glared as his desk with his All-Might pencil cup, his Deku bobble head figure, and most importantly, the blank UA application that lay untouched.

"AAAAAGGGGHHHH"

He screamed in agony as he slammed his palms down making a dent in the wood.  He picked up the All-Might pencil cup and crushed it in his hand.

"Stupid heroes!"

He yelled as he chucked the broken cup against the wall.

"Stupid school!"

He yelled as he grabbed the UA application and tore it in half, tossing the paper fragments into the air.  He then reached for the bobble head of his father.

"Stupid parents!"

He yelled as he ripped the head off the figurine and punted it across the room.  It bounced off the wall and slowly rolled back until it came to a stop, Deku's signature smile plastered on its face.

Toshinori flopped on his bed, burying his face in his pillow and began to cry. 

Everyone thinks heroes are so great.  But if they had them as parents, they would see how selfish they are.  They care about everyone else so much besides their only son.  The civilians in danger interact with my mom and dad more than I do!

He thought to himself as he rolled over and stared at the vintage All-Might poster on his door. 

Why did I have to be named after you...