Chapter 12: Son vs Successor

Toshinori snapped his fingers making the giant pieces of rubble float around him before sending them flying at Kokei. Using One For All, Kokei managed to dodge most of them before obliterating the last part with a single punch sending dust and pebbles flying everywhere.

"Not bad"

Toshinori said as his arm grew to gigantic proportions as he released a massive shockwave of air. The signature move of his master, All For One.  Kokei tried to dodge but was blown off his feet.  Before he could hit the wall Toshinori activated his quirk making Kokei hover in midair.  The hero flung his arms around aimlessly as he he tried to swim through air.  Toshinori leapt up into the air tucking his legs into his chest before stomping Kokei in the chest. as he slammed him down into the concrete.  Toshinori stood on top of him, his weight pressing down on his injuries.

"You're strong.  My father taught you well"

Toshinori laughed as he pressed down harder, snapping one of Kokei's ribs.  The hero let out a cry of agony.

"But he didn't teach you everything"

Toshinori hissed.  As he leaned down over Kokei. 

"And now his failure is complete.  The worthless hero Deku is dead.  And so ends the power of One For All.  The quirk that devastated my master, and destroyed his dream of a perfect society.  With you gone, his vision will finally be realized. I will carry out the will of All For One, and there will be no one left to stop me!"

He raised his arm and activated every single one of his quirks, preparing to unleash the final blow. 

"I've never tried this before, but I thought it would be a fitting end.  The entirety of All For One will be your ultimate demise"

For the first time since he inherited One For All, Kokei was afraid.  He knew Toshinori was already strong before All For One, but he could never have imagined him to be this powerful.  But that was no excuse.  A real hero will always find a way for justice to be served.  He couldn't lose.  He couldn't let everything Deku fought for be taken away by this madman. 

"Goodbye"

Toshinori snarled as he brought his fist down.

"N-No...impossible....HOW ARE YOU DOING THIS?"

Kokei managed to catch Toshinori's fist with both his hands and held back the strength of the attack.  His fear was replaced with a fierce look of determination.  He grit his teeth and looked deep within himself to find inner strength.  His desire to become a hero. His father Katsuma describing the stories of the great Deku who saved an entire island.  The greatest hero who always won and saved everyone with a smile.  He had to live up to that.  This man trusted him and deemed him worthy.  He couldn't lose.

"ONE FOR ALL INFINITE PERCENT!"

He pushed Toshinori's arm away and kicked him in the gut, sending him flying through the hole in the roof.  Kokei struggled to his feet, his whole body searing with pain, but as long as he could stand, he could still fight. 

He jumped into the air after Toshinori who was flying straight towards him.  Both fists colliding in the sky as everyone on the ground looked up in amazement. 

"You are nothing! My father was weak.  A failed hero.  Deku is dead and so will you be!"

Toshinori roared as he slowly forced Kokei downward. 

"Keep his name out of your filthy mouth.  Deku is a pillar of support, a shining beacon of hope, the symbol of peace.  And that symbol entrusted me to live up to his name.  As long as I wield this power, I will not lose! I will protect everything that he stood for.  I will win and save everyone with a smile just like the amazing hero he was"