luffy.

**I do not own any of the characters from One Piece. Enjoy the story!!**

----5 years ago----

"You're telling me... you want to go out to sea for a couple of years?" Nami asked me. I had been expecting a more exciting reaction from her, but she hadn't seemed too happy about what I had just told her. With a huge smile on my face, hopefully changing the mood, I nodded my head.

"Yeah!" I said, "Usopp, Franky, Chopper, and Brook all agreed to come with me, as well as Dad and Sabo. Please come with us, Nami! And maybe try convincing the others to come along, too. We've graduated already, so we don't have to worry about school or anything. We'll be setting sail next week, so you better make up your mind now!" Nami sat there in utter silence, staring down at her lap.

"I can't go with you," Nami sighed, "Just stay here with me, okay?" Nami looked back up at me and squeezed my hand tightly. Why did she seem so sad about this?

"But I've always wanted to do this," I laughed, "Just think about it, okay? We can be with each other every day for multiple years and go to different islands! We can even get married if you really wanted!" Nami giggled a bit, sadly, then let go of my hand.

"I can't," Nami said, "Just don't leave me here, okay? Stay here. After I learn how to navigate, okay, then maybe we can set sail as long as you'd like. But for now... Let's wait a bit, okay? With you out in the middle of the sea and me on land, it wouldn't work out with us, would it? So just stay here, okay?"

"But Nami," I laughed, "Sabo and Dad already got a boat and we've mapped out all of the places we wanted to go! And I've already packed up everything in my room, and it would be a pain putting all of that back, wouldn't it?"

"So that's it?" Nami laughed, "You're just going to leave, correct? No matter what I say? There is no going back and changing your mind?" I just nodded my head slowly and stared into Nami's beautiful eyes. 

"What do you say?" I asked, grabbing Nami's hand and squeezing it once again, "Come with me. We won't be able to speak for a while if I'm out on the sea without you and all of my friends. There will be no internet or anything. We can be pirates like last year for my birthday! I want to relive those moments, but for more than one week."

Nami shook her head. "Luffy." Nami stood up, and I could see that her eyes started watering. "We can't continue this if you go out to sea, you realize that, right?" I stood up quickly.

"What do you mean?" I asked, "We can't continue what?" She had been scaring me a bit, I'll be honest. Nami then threw her arms around me and hugged me tightly. Suddenly, I felt my shoulder become wet, and I hear Nami sniffling. She was crying.

"Why are you crying?" I asked, feeling my voice get a bit shaky. Nami then let go of me and wiped her tears away. "No crying, okay, Nami? There's nothing to cry about. You're going to come with me, okay? And then, we'll live a great life together as pirates for a couple of years, right?"

Nami shook her head. "As I said, I can't go with you," she cried, "Luffy, we need to break up." My heart completely stopped for a second. My head started spinning, and I fell back into the couch. My eyes filled up with tears.

"You're being serious?" I said, "Wait, no, Nami." Nami started crying even more.

"You should... go and live your dream out on the sea, okay?" Nami said, "But we can't continue a relationship while you're out in the middle of the ocean, with no access to speak to me at all. Trust me, Luffy. I love you with all my heart but..."