nami.

**I do not own any of the characters from One Piece. Enjoy the story!!**

As quickly as I could, I ran home. When I got inside, I locked the door behind me and threw myself onto my couch in the living room, and sobbed. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him so much. I thought that things would go back to the way they were in high school after that kiss we shared. I thought he would end things with Hancock. I thought that possibly I would finally end things with Oliver. Why couldn't things go back to the way they were?

I kicked off my shoes and took the necklace that Luffy gave me off my neck. There was a part of me that wanted to throw the dumb thing away, but I knew I would instantly regret it, so I set it down on the counter. I grabbed a blanket and curled myself up into a ball under the blankets as I cried.

What the hell was I thinking?! Did I really think things would go the way I wanted them to? Am I that stupid?! And I even made a complete fool of myself at the cafe! I couldn't dare to show my face there again. 

It felt nice to be alone and let everything out. But then a heard footsteps coming my way. Quickly, I wiped away my tears and looked behind the couch. There was Robin, with a worried expression on her face in a hoodie and sweatpants. "Nami... is everything alright?"

I smiled sadly and nodded my head, knowing damn well Robin wouldn't believe that I was "alright." "Mhm," I said, "Nothing is, uhm, wrong." Robin sighed and sat down next to me on the couch and hugged me. 

"I can't help you if you don't tell me what's bothering you," Robin said. Not being able to hold the tears in, I started crying on Robin's shoulder. She squeezed me tighter, which I had really needed. Having her next to me was actually better than being alone, now that I think about it. 

After a while, I pulled away From Robin and wiped my nose with my arm. "Sorry," I sighed.

"No need to apologize. So, what's wrong?" Robin had a worried expression on her face as she had her hand on my shoulder.

"I... I hate Luffy," I cried, "I hate him so much. He kissed me the other day and... I guess he doesn't want to even see my face anymore. He came to me at the cafe earlier and said that he doesn't think we should see each other anymore. Not even as friends. After we kissed... I was so ready to end things with Olly and finally be with Luffy. He even told me he'd end things with Hancock. But look at us now. Luffy doesn't even want to speak to me anymore. What a dumbass I am to think that things could go back to the way they were in high school."

Robin hugged me once again, then sighed. "I'm so sorry," she apologized, "Really. I thought things would've been the same as in high school again, as well. Nami, I am so sorry. But... you kissed him?! You'll tell Oliver, correct?"

"Yeah, of course," I said, "Or... I won't necessarily tell him that but I'll end things with him. That's for sure. But I want to wait until next week. This week, I need time to myself. Not just because of Luffy but because I made a complete fool of myself at the cafe and honestly... I'm too afraid to show my face anywhere."

"Was it really that bad?" Robin giggled. I nodded my head and sighed. "Well, there's some ice cream in the fridge. Do you want to watch 'Ride Your Wave' and eat ice cream together?"

I smiled and nodded my head, once again. "Yes, please. It's nice to see you back here. It's been like, what, a week or two since you've been back here."