luffy.

**I do not own any of the characters from One Piece. Enjoy the story!!**

I couldn't help but keep a huge, goofy smile on my face as I walked back to my car. Honestly, I hadn't wanted to go home. All I wanted was to go back to the beach with Nami and hold her close to me again, and hear her beautiful voice and see her gorgeous face. God, what's better than that? Well, maybe having a meat feast with her would be a bit better, but still. Tonight was probably the happiest I've been in a while. As well as yesterday, also. If every day had been like today, I don't think I'd ever ask for anything more. What would've made today perfect would be if I could kiss Nami once again and feel her lips on mine. 

I started my car and drove off back to my home. My new house had been huge, I mean, it's larger than I could ever imagine! I guess this is what it's like to be the fiance of someone rich, huh?

Oh, wait.

I completely forgot about Hammock. My mind had been completely set on Nami that I forgot that I had been Hammock's fiance! Shit! Well, I just can't mention going to the beach with Nami at all.

As soon as I walked through the house door, I saw Hammock lying down on the couch, sleeping peacefully. I sighed and walked into the kitchen and sat down at the counter. My phone that had been in my back pocket buzzed. I took it out of my pocket to see that Nami had texted me.

From: Nami:))
Hey Luffy! Thanks for bringing me to the beach. I 
had fun! :)

To: Nami:))
Shishishi, no problem! I'm glad you had fun. It's been a while since we've done something like that, huh?

From: Nami:))
Yeah, it sure has. Well, I think that maybe I'm going to watch a movie when I'm done with my bubble bath. I'll talk to you later, Luffy!

To: Nami:))
Alright!

I turned off my phone with a smile and put it back in my pocket. As I did that, there had been a large groan coming from the couch. Hammock must've woken up.

"Luffy," Hammock wined, "When did you get home?"

Slowly I got up from the chair at the kitchen counter and walked towards the couch and sat next to Hammock, who had lifted her knees up to her chest. "Just a couple of minutes ago," I explained, "Sorry, did I wake you?"

Hammock shook her head and scooted close to me and rested her head on my shoulder. "Maybe," she sighed, "I'm just glad you're home. It's been forever since I've seen that face of yours." Hammock kissed my cheek, causing me to immediately wipe that spot on my cheek. 

"It really hasn't been that long," I laughed. I then got up from the couch and stretched. "Well, I'm going to bed now. Goodnight!" As quick as I could, I rushed to my bedroom upstairs before Hammock could say another word to me. I slammed my door shut and locked it. I took off my straw hat and placed it on my dresser, and took my shirt off. I got into a plain white t-shirt with shorts on and plopped myself onto my bed. 

There had been a million thoughts filling my head, which had kind of hurt my brain. I sat up and ran my fingers through my hair. I looked up to see my big picture board of Ace and me that Nami gave me for my seventeenth birthday. Of course, I kept it. This is probably the most precious thing to me in my life. As I stared at it, tears started filling my eyes. God, I missed Ace. 

----the next day----

Knock.
Knock.
Knock.